Trackpad being strange

My trackpad randomly clicks when i just rest my finger on it and not press down to click anything, then it also goes into stages where it doesnt click anything at all when i need to, ive tried restarting my macbook and it still is weird. Help?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 5:50 PM

gurkins Said:

"Trackpad being strange: My trackpad randomly clicks when i just rest my finger on it and not press down to click anything, then it also goes into stages where it doesnt click anything at all when i need to, ive tried restarting my macbook and it still is weird. Help?"

-------

Troubleshooting the Trackpad:

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Drivers) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAMUse an external keyboard for this.

B. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Drivers) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAMUse an external keyboard for this.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2023 5:50 PM in response to gurkins

gurkins Said:

"Trackpad being strange: My trackpad randomly clicks when i just rest my finger on it and not press down to click anything, then it also goes into stages where it doesnt click anything at all when i need to, ive tried restarting my macbook and it still is weird. Help?"

-------

Troubleshooting the Trackpad:

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

B. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Trackpad being strange

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.