Movies missing after moving from the US to The Netherlands

Hi! My wife and I recently moved from the US to The Netherlands. A lot of the movies that I purchased in the US are no longer available/showing up on my Apple TV. Is this normal? How can I get my movies back? Any help would be appreciated.

After I moved, I had to switch to the Dutch App Store because some of the local apps are not available outside of The Netherlands. However, I can't figure out why some movies are still available and others are not. The movies that are missing are available for purchase in The Netherlands as well, so there is no reason why they should be missing.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 9:06 AM

Your US purchases are available to you when your Apple ID is set to the US as country.

iTunes Store (NL) content is available to you when your Apple ID is set to The Netherlands as country.

Depending on distributor studio and their decisions, some titles might be available after switching countries, but no guarantees, even for titles that are available in both countries. I think it is about matching Store item ID.

For titles that may be available after the switch, a local copy would stream, which might have different audio languages and subtitle languages. (Though the Dutch are used to original audio with subtitles; usually only content for the youngest is dubbed locally.)

Missing titles would reappear if you were to switch back countries at some moment in the future. They’re not forgotten, just not available from the old purchase in a different country or region.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2023 9:06 AM in response to TheRealSP

Your US purchases are available to you when your Apple ID is set to the US as country.

iTunes Store (NL) content is available to you when your Apple ID is set to The Netherlands as country.

Depending on distributor studio and their decisions, some titles might be available after switching countries, but no guarantees, even for titles that are available in both countries. I think it is about matching Store item ID.

For titles that may be available after the switch, a local copy would stream, which might have different audio languages and subtitle languages. (Though the Dutch are used to original audio with subtitles; usually only content for the youngest is dubbed locally.)

Missing titles would reappear if you were to switch back countries at some moment in the future. They’re not forgotten, just not available from the old purchase in a different country or region.

Movies missing after moving from the US to The Netherlands

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.