Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Frequent Unexpected Shutdowns Despite Battery Replacement - Need Help!

Hey Apple community,

I've been encountering a recurring issue with my iPhone, and I'm hoping some of you might have insights or solutions. Recently, my iPhone has been shutting down unexpectedly, and I receive the following message upon reboot: "This iPhone has experienced an unexpected shutdown because the battery was unable to deliver the necessary peak power. Performance management has been applied to help prevent this from happening again."

I've taken several steps to address this problem:

1. Battery Replacement: I first replaced the battery through an authorized shop called Lab9 in Belgium, and the battery health was at 92 percent. However, the problem persisted, and it has occurred multiple times.
  2. Self-Battery Replacement: In an attempt to resolve the issue, I even tried replacing the battery myself. Although it did kind of fix the problem, my iPhone no longer displays the battery health, which is inconvenient.

My concern is that despite changing the battery twice, I'm still facing unexpected shutdowns. What's more, the battery health no longer displays. This is causing me both inconvenience and financial strain.

Has anyone else faced a similar issue or have any advice on how to regain the ability to check battery health without a genuine Apple battery? I'd greatly appreciate any insights or solutions. Thanks in advance!

iPhone 13

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 2:28 PM

The battery you self-installed was not an Apple battery. The battery health monitor is built in to Apple batteries, so you need an Apple battery for the health feature to work.

Similar questions

1 reply

Frequent Unexpected Shutdowns Despite Battery Replacement - Need Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.