iphone 15 pro max app folders disappeared

I have had my new iPhone 15 Pro Max for two days. Everything had transferred over fine from my iPhone 12. I had three display screens of app folders, arranged with app subheadings like ‘Hotels’, ‘National Parks’, etc. yesterday my screens disappeared. The apps are all still in the App Library, but all my organizational folder screens vanished. My software is up-to-date. Help!

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 8:38 AM

Thanks, but the pages have disappeared completely! I have tried this ‘recovery’ technique, but there is nothing to unhide. I seem to have completely lost my Home Screen pages, and with that, all my organizational sub-libraries.

5 replies

Oct 21, 2023 8:33 AM in response to jzfinca

One possibility is that some of the Home Screens were accidentally hidden or removed. See information in Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support including the following:

Find, hide, and remove pages on your Home Screen

With iOS 14 and later, you can hide pages to streamline how your Home Screen looks and add them back whenever you want. Here's how to hide a page:

1. Touch and hold an empty area on your Home Screen.
  2. Tap the dots near the bottom of your screen.
  3. Tap the circle under the page that you want to hide.
  4. Tap Done. 

To unhide a page, repeat the steps above. Then use the App Library to quickly find apps hidden on different pages.

To remove pages from your Home Screen:

1. Touch and hold an empty area on your Home Screen.
  2. Tap the dots near the bottom of your screen.
  3. Tap the circle under the page that you want to hide.
  4. Tap the Remove button , then tap Remove. 

When you remove a page from your Home Screen, the apps will still appear in the App Library.

Oct 28, 2023 8:00 AM in response to jzfinca

This just happened to me. The issue is it’s showing that I have the apps in the folder somewhere on my phone when I search, but the folder itself has completely disappeared as well as whatever was in the sub folder. When I look in search and the App Store, it’s still available on my phone. I would never be able to remember everything that was in that sub folder!

Update - I restarted my phone and the folder came back?! Also found out that it was because phone needed an update.

iphone 15 pro max app folders disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.