2020 - 13" Macbook Pro M1 - base at palms rests are electrified.

Received this unit back from AppleCare service and immediately noticed that there is an electric current running through the entire case, but most notably on the palm rests. This unit never had this problem before. Anyone suggest what might be causing this? Is it possible for me to change some settings to eliminate it? Or is this unit going back to AppleCare?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 11:28 AM

cdtherapist wrote:

Received this unit back from AppleCare service and immediately noticed that there is an electric current running through the entire case, but most notably on the palm rests. This unit never had this problem before. Anyone suggest what might be causing this? Is it possible for me to change some settings to eliminate it? Or is this unit going back to AppleCare?
Thanks

?

take it back...

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2023 11:28 AM in response to cdtherapist

cdtherapist wrote:

Thanks

?

take it back...

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

2020 - 13" Macbook Pro M1 - base at palms rests are electrified.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.