Duplicate external disks in sidebar

The Finder sidebar under locations and external disks show duplicate drive names - see image below. In researching found that in previous version of Mac OS there was a preference file that could be deleted and then reset by rebooting. Currently running Ventura 13.4.1 on a2017 27" iMac and I cannot find the preference file. At a loss now and your help would be appreciated. Thank you Dan

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.4

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 10:55 AM

Nikon Dan wrote:

The Finder sidebar under locations and external disks show duplicate drive names - see image below. In researching found that in previous version of Mac OS there was a preference file that could be deleted and then reset by rebooting. Currently running Ventura 13.4.1 on a2017 27" iMac and I cannot find the preference file. At a loss now and your help would be appreciated. Thank you Dan
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/7636fb8c-7283-4cc9-8aa9-e4129f1072a2

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.6 —I would start there.

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2023 10:55 AM in response to Nikon Dan

Nikon Dan wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/7636fb8c-7283-4cc9-8aa9-e4129f1072a2

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.6 —I would start there.

Duplicate external disks in sidebar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.