Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

When I try to send my location in iMessage it says “no active device”

iPhone 12- with latest update- when I try to send my location in iMessage it says “no active device”. When my friend looks on their find friends app it’s says for my device “no location found”. I’ve checked the network settings and did a reset. I’ve turned the phone on airplane mode for 60 seconds then back on. I’ve tried turning off iMessage and find me apps- then turn back on. I’ve toggeled every button you can imagine to ensure all locations are turned on in the all the settings (iCloud, privacy, etc). Something continues to block it.. I know it’s not phone service because the phone is right next to mine and (same service)- plus attached to Wi-Fi. Also, I can see other people’s locations and Vice versa. What is the fix for this, please.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 9:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2023 1:21 PM

My location not working , it keep sayin no active device

62 replies

Dec 8, 2023 12:37 PM in response to Ellaab

I’m having this same **** happen the iOS 17 update is TRASH im so ready to go buy a Samsung and never touch an apple product again. I did everything I I could to share my location but it keeps saying no active device when on settings it says share my location: this device bruh apple fix your **** and stop being money hungry

Jan 20, 2024 11:38 AM in response to Ellaab

Here is my solution that worked:

Step 1 - In settings, open “Find My iPhone” and turn OFF the following:

-Share my Location

-Find my network

-Send last location

-Find my iPhone (you will have to input your iCloud password to turn off Find my iPhone)

Step 2 - Turn on Airplane Mode

Step 3 - Turn off your iPhone for at least 10 seconds

Step 4 - Turn on your iPhone

Step 5 - Turn off Airplane Mode

Step 6 - In settings, open “Find My iPhone” and turn ON the following:

-Find my iPhone

-Find my network

-Send last location

-Share my Location

Basically, I turned everything off and turned everything on again. It worked for me. I can’t guarantee it’ll work for everyone but it’s worth a try! Good luck!

Jan 13, 2024 7:13 PM in response to Ellaab

iPhone 12- with latest update- when I try to send my location in iMessage it says “no active device”. When my friend looks on their find friends app it’s says for my device “no location found”. I’ve checked the network settings and did a reset. I’ve turned the phone on airplane mode for 60 seconds then back on. I’ve tried turning off iMessage and find me apps- then turn back on. I’ve toggeled every button you can imagine to ensure all locations are turned on in the all the settings (iCloud, privacy, etc). Something continues to block it.. I know it’s not phone service because the phone is right next to mine and (same service)- plus attached to Wi-Fi. Also, I can see other people’s locations and Vice versa. What is the fix for this, please.

Jan 15, 2024 8:58 AM in response to Ellaab

The fix is very easy. When your phone updated, you need to agree to the new terms of ios. We spent hours trying to figure it out. The reason iCloud and locations wasn’t active was because it was waiting for me to accept the new terms after the phone updated. The terms are on your iCloud screen. Just agree and then everything works again.

Oct 23, 2023 5:51 PM in response to Ellaab

Hi Ellaab,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you are running into an issue with Location services on your iPhone, and we're happy to help. It sounds like you have already checked a lot of great settings on your own. We do want to make sure nothing is missed so recommend working through the resource below to help enable Location services.

1. Turn Location Services and GPS on or off on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Reach out for further assistance here: Contact - Official Apple Support

Thanks.

When I try to send my location in iMessage it says “no active device”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.