Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Sound problem Iphone 14 pro max.

I have problems every single day with this device. Sound notification will go from normal sound to very very loud. Cannot get the sound normal, (settings will NOT solve this) I simply have to reboor the phone. Same happens to the reels on Instagram. No sound in the reel, except in the lower right corner, than the sound of the reel is audible, but the reel is not playing than. Must reboot my device every day once or twice to get this sound working properly. IOS is up to date, the rest of the apps also. I blame this device itself, there are no soutions in the settings, believe me.

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 12:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 1:09 AM

Harrie60 Said:

"Sound problem Iphone 14 pro max.: Again, there is nothing I can do to solve this problem within the settings, except a reboot. After the reboot device works normal, only for a couple of hours. This is very annoying."

-------

Thank you for the followup reply.

If the GUI is not as it Should:

A. Disable Screen Time:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Turn Off Screen Time(so that it is greyed-out)

No success...

Reset this Anew, as if you were to Sell it:

If items are missing from within the GUI, and disabling Screen Time did not work, then I recommend you back up what need be, and then reset your iPhone to factory settings. You'd perform as instructed here, including the iCloud logout and backup creation: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. See where it goes from there. Report back the results.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2023 1:09 AM in response to Harrie60

Harrie60 Said:

"Sound problem Iphone 14 pro max.: Again, there is nothing I can do to solve this problem within the settings, except a reboot. After the reboot device works normal, only for a couple of hours. This is very annoying."

-------

Thank you for the followup reply.

If the GUI is not as it Should:

A. Disable Screen Time:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Turn Off Screen Time(so that it is greyed-out)

No success...

Reset this Anew, as if you were to Sell it:

If items are missing from within the GUI, and disabling Screen Time did not work, then I recommend you back up what need be, and then reset your iPhone to factory settings. You'd perform as instructed here, including the iCloud logout and backup creation: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. See where it goes from there. Report back the results.

Oct 24, 2023 12:49 AM in response to Harrie60

Harrie60 Said:

"Sound problem Iphone 14 pro max.: I have problems every single day with this device. Sound notification will go from normal sound to very very loud. Cannot get the sound normal, (settings will NOT solve this) I simply have to reboor the phone. [...]I blame this device itself, there are no soutions in the settings, believe me."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Audio:

Save a Few. You might need to get a new speaker or microphone. But, before making that assertion, see if you can use the following links to troubleshoot this...

A Few Links that May Help:

Nov 2, 2023 6:54 AM in response to Harrie60

Harrie60 Said:

"Sound problem Iphone 14 pro max.: I blame the device, this Iphone 14 pro max is the blame 100% sure. It's not playing sound in Instagram, Whatsapp and more apps.[…]

———-

Thank you for your followup reply.

Being a Factory Reset fixed this, but only for a brief period of time, tells me it cannot keep up with itself.

See About Getting this iPhone Serviced, ASAP:

To go through Applesetup a Genius Bar Appointment at your local Apple Store, taking it in for service. There, it will be diagnosed, and you'll be provided with a cost. or see an AASP(Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area.

Contact Apple:

Or...

Contact an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone

Oct 25, 2023 4:34 AM in response to Harrie60

Harrie60 Said:

"Sound problem Iphone 14 pro max.: I have no option in my settings to turn screen time off. I've reset the device to factory settings, put my backup back and it's okay now, at least for 1 day. Keep you updated.

———-

Thanks for the info in that!

Reply back with an update.

If you couldn’t turn off Screen Time —then something is up with the GUI. And it’s probably due to a bug in a recent update!

Oct 27, 2023 4:02 AM in response to TheLittles

After 1 day I had to reboot the phone to get the sound working on Instagram. Strange thing is that there is a sound in Instagram when you push in the lower right corner in Instagram, the sound will play, but the reel not. When you play the reel there is no sound. Maybe the problem is in the Instagram app? A reboot does fix this but for how long? Most of the time only a day or 2. The rest of the sound works normal on the phone. The loud notifications have not occurred yet.

Oct 27, 2023 5:34 AM in response to Harrie60

Harrie60 Said:

"Sound problem Iphone 14 pro max.: […]A reboot does fix this but for how long? Most of the time only a day or 2. The rest of the sound works normal on the phone. The loud notifications have not occurred yet.

———-

If an App is Acting Suspicious…

Then, I’d say contact the Developer. If from the App Store, you’ll find their Contact Us info in the app’s site if the App Store. Tell threat had occurred, and request assistance with making it work. You may need a new license key, it if comes down to reinstalling it. Provide them with the URL of this thread, so they can have something to go by.

Unsuccessful Reboots:

Sometimes, you about purchasing something on a home network, and there is a power spur or a power surge form work or a lightning scribe (which is what using a surge protector is all about).

Nov 2, 2023 6:09 AM in response to TheLittles

I blame the device, this Iphone 14 pro max is the blame 100% sure. It's not playing sound in Instagram, Whatsapp and more apps. Facebook however or vlc player os safari works fine. I have to reboot the device twice a day to get the sound working in the above mentioned apps. I Switch my older Iphone 13 on and have no problems what so ever. Uses the same IOS.

Sound problem Iphone 14 pro max.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.