Royal Match Ads

I have Royal Match downloaded, but I am increasingly irritated at the fact that just about every other gaming app runs a 75 second ad for it that I can’t end. It’s becoming a gross invasion of privacy and for them to proudly announce that their game has no ads is frankly hypocritical. I’ve tried changing my ads settings to no avail. Why can’t cookies detect the fact that I already have the game. Why can’t any advertisers work out if someone wants an app, they’ll download it, and if they don’t, no amount of constant bombardment will persuade them otherwise. The whole situation is spoiling my enjoyment of many good games that I have. HELP!!

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 2:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2024 6:00 PM

Please Apple block this app. Misleading completely inaccurate ads for game play. Please please please block this app.

50 replies

Jan 1, 2024 1:45 PM in response to FrustratedJim

Royal match is by far the worst, most irritating, long advertised game ever. The king getting in so much trouble! Always groaning “help me help me.” And the irritating sounds of water or explosions. It’s a noisy game, and if anything, it would make you nervous to play it not calming — I will never ever download royal match simply because it’s too invasive when you don’t even have it. There I got my anger out just a little bit but now I have to sit through the rest of this infuriating ad wasting time before I can get back to the game that I like. I wish Apple would just remove this app completely.

Nov 5, 2023 7:19 AM in response to FrustratedJim

You will need to Contact the developer of Royal Match. You can view the support link to them in the App Store for the app. You may also want to add a comment on the app in the App Store to let other users know about your experience. Most of the free apps in the App Store will include ads, but will offer an in-app purchase to remove them for a small fee.

Jan 21, 2024 1:26 AM in response to Kurt Lang

Apple may not own the games that in on there app Store, but they can knock off the ones that are either impossible to get rid of or extremely annoying to more than 70% of the Apple customers. Royal match is one of the most annoying ads and almost impossible to do anything but sit through it and it doesn’t help if you go ahead and get it because you will still get the ads. The game is noisy and nerve-racking. The iPhone cleaning app that has the dust pan is one that you absolutely cannot get rid of. I do believe enough people complained about it that is no longer appearing. Apple is supposed to be a watch guard for and safe apps, and should watch the number of people that hate certain apps because of their ads.

Jan 24, 2024 6:53 AM in response to FrustratedJim

Apple should remove this app from the App Store just based on false advertising. You should not be able to advertise a totally different game play than what the actual app game play provides. Falsely misleading viewers in ads is illegal per rules established by the Federal Trade Commission. Mobile game ads CANNOT “deliberately lie or mislead their audience about their product.”

May 23, 2024 6:05 AM in response to FrustratedJim

I agree. I don't mind ads. but those ads border on being abusive (especially in card games) when you have to look at an ad after each hand that last 90 seconds or more. 90 seconds times 10 is nine seconds or 15 minutes if wasted time. if you play three games, you are wasting 45 minutes. But we're talking about Royal Match here and that game ads are annoying, noisy, and too frequent as well as being almost impossible to get rid of.

Dec 15, 2023 1:06 PM in response to Cadbean

Cadbean wrote:

I couldn’t agree more. The ads for this game in the games I play are infuriating to the point it’s counter productive. I would NEVER buy the game on the principle it’s hacked me off so much.

[Edited by Moderator]

You're welcome to contact the app developer about it. This is a user-to-user forum and neither Apple nor the developers of the game routinely monitor this site.

Jan 1, 2024 1:54 PM in response to sskidd1143

sskidd1143 wrote:

Royal match is by far the worst, most irritating, long advertised game ever. The king getting in so much trouble! Always groaning “help me help me.” And the irritating sounds of water or explosions. It’s a noisy game, and if anything, it would make you nervous to play it not calming — I will never ever download royal match simply because it’s too invasive when you don’t even have it. There I got my anger out just a little bit but now I have to sit through the rest of this infuriating ad wasting time before I can get back to the game that I like. I wish Apple would just remove this app completely.

The best location to write about your experience with the app is to provide a review in the App Store for the app. In this way it may help other users who are looking to download it. Apple will only remove apps that don't follow the terms of service to be in the App Store. It is up to the users to review the apps or not download them at all.

Dec 2, 2023 11:28 AM in response to 234whatever

Why should Apple do anything about it? Hosting it in the App Store doesn't make it their app, or the owner of even one line of source code for the game.

This is how all freemium apps work. There are literally thousands of them on the App Store. Ads are the easiest way for the developer to make money they spent months working on before releasing it. Every time an ad runs, they make a few cents from the owner of the ad.

How did it get this way? When the App Store first launched, apps were priced like typical apps you'd find in retail box. $19.99, $39.99, $5.99, etc. Then competitors would jump in with a similar app and price it lower to pull sales away from the app they're competing against. The owner of the original app would then lower their price.

You should be able to see where this went. It became a race to the bottom of who could charge the least and still make it worth their time to write the app in the first place. After a while, users got used to paying virtually nothing for apps. I saw one person complain in an app they purchased that it was too expensive at $1.99. Yes, they seriously said that in the review they left.

That left developers in a situation where users practically expect everything for free. Doesn't matter how much time it took to create the app. They don't care. They just don't want to pay anything for the apps they get. I'd love to hear these same people complain when after a week's work at their job the owner says, "No paychecks for anyone this week. Better luck next time."

So where did that leave developers? The only places they could go. By setting up income streams after you get the app. That's ads, or in-app purchases for crazy amounts of money. Like $100 of real money for 500 gems in a (cough!) free game you're playing.

Want this kind of lunacy to end? Stop expecting everything for free.

Jan 6, 2024 10:30 PM in response to Butterdirt

Butterdirt wrote:

Please Apple block this app. Misleading completely inaccurate ads for game play. Please please please block this app.

Make your voice heard by writing a review of the app in the App Store. That is where you will have the most impact on the company to change their ways. They do not want other people to read reviews on their app that will dissuade them from downloading it.

Jan 21, 2024 8:24 AM in response to sskidd1143

sskidd1143 wrote:

Apple may not own the games that in on there app Store, but they can knock off the ones that are either impossible to get rid of or extremely annoying to more than 70% of the Apple customers. Royal match is one of the most annoying ads and almost impossible to do anything but sit through it and it doesn’t help if you go ahead and get it because you will still get the ads. The game is noisy and nerve-racking. The iPhone cleaning app that has the dust pan is one that you absolutely cannot get rid of. I do believe enough people complained about it that is no longer appearing. Apple is supposed to be a watch guard for and safe apps, and should watch the number of people that hate certain apps because of their ads.

Apple CANNOT remove a game just because the ads are annoying. I'm sure you are aware of the several lawsuits filed by game developers for having their apps removed because it violated the very specific Guidelines to have an app in the store. They were based on a lot stronger principles, such as security, in the TOS that went all the way to the Supreme Court and also forced the way the App Store operates in other countries.

You as a consumer of the apps have all the power by not using the app or provide a review on the App Store of the app to alert other consumers. Voicing your complaints here about annoying ads will have no effect on the developer. You now know what to do, so it is up to you.

Royal Match Ads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.