Not able to sign in to iCloud on older mac pro

When I tried to log in to iCloud, it came back as password incorrect. It's the same pswd that is correct on all my other devices. So I went ahead and changed my password from the mac pro. Went thru all the steps, updated my pswd on all devices. However, it still says my password is incorrect when trying to log in on my mac pro. I'm not updating this machine as I have an old copy of photoshop and final cut and I can't afford upgrades or subscription based apps. Need some help figuring out why iCloud is rejecting my correct passwords.

Mac Pro

Version

OS X 10.10.3

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 12:36 PM

MacOS 10.10 is so old, it cannot make a secure connection any more. You need to update, at least one version to 10.11 El Capitan, and then apply all software updates so that you get Safari 9 installed. Safari 9 is the oldest version that can make a secure connection using modern rules.

How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

Post back if you need more help.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2023 12:36 PM in response to Karen K

MacOS 10.10 is so old, it cannot make a secure connection any more. You need to update, at least one version to 10.11 El Capitan, and then apply all software updates so that you get Safari 9 installed. Safari 9 is the oldest version that can make a secure connection using modern rules.

How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

Post back if you need more help.

Not able to sign in to iCloud on older mac pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.