Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Music app on Mac with Sonoma 14.1

My Music doesn't work

"Genius results can't be updated right now. An unknown error occurred (18006)."

No playlists, no albums((((

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.1

Posted on Oct 27, 2023 4:31 AM

14 replies

Oct 27, 2023 2:00 PM in response to Igorank

Same here - not possible to sync cloud library after going to 14.1. At first I noticed, that I couldn't add new songs to the library but could access everything that was already there - then turned off cloud syncing and back on (because that solved cloud sync issues in the past), but now everything is gone for the moment, because loading cloud library always fails.

Using the browser version of Apple Music tells me, that the cloud library itself is there and intact.

Oct 27, 2023 2:07 PM in response to Igorank

I've been experiencing the same problem since updating to 14.1 with the new Apple Music features. I've spoken to a senior advisor by phone. They acknowledged a problem exists. It's a software issue related to Apple Music, and Apple's engineers are working on resolving the issue right now. Support said to be on the lookout for a future update.

Oct 27, 2023 4:49 AM in response to Igorank

I have exactly the same issue, right after I've updated to macOS Sonoma 14.1. Contacted Apple Support and they escalated it to the engineering team. They probably need diagnostics, screen recording and stuff and the senior advisor will contact me shortly about that.

I only see some playlists I've made myself in the past, but they are all empty. The one album I see is the free U2 album (which I don't even have in my own library anymore). Already tried syncing the music library, deauthorizing and authorizing the Mac in the Music app, logging out and back in but without any results.

Oct 27, 2023 6:56 AM in response to Igorank

I have the same issue, but it's not a problem of macOS 14.1 I think. The issue also occurred for me under macOS 13.6, right before I updated to 14.1. I've also tried to delete the Music folder, the cache in the user library and set up a new account on my Mac. Non of them solved the problem. I hope you get an answer soon.

Best regards.

Oct 27, 2023 2:28 PM in response to khack1984

Thanks khack1984 - I've seen it happen (breaking cloud library sync) with other updates in the past. I'll wait patiently for the fix - after all: what else can I do - but to be honest, I don't understand how this can slip through testing, assuming that the Music app is one of the most widely used apps/services.

The Music app has been plagued with smaller but annoying issues in general since the beginning. It's the Apple app on MacOS where I have the most issues - which is a pity, since it's probably the one that I use the most.

Music app on Mac with Sonoma 14.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.