You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screentime has not been available for 7 days

This is more of a solution than a question. I have family sharing set up along with screentime parental controls on my kids phones. Had to replace my sons phone. Did the normal process on the old phone, shutting off find my, signing out of iCloud, and resetting device to wipe. New phone is up and running, signed in to iCloud etc. Now when I go in to screentime on MY phone to control the parameters on my sons phone, I got the message “screentime has been unavailable on Tom’s iPhone phone for 7 days”. I realized his old phone and new phone had the same name. So I changed the name of his new phone to from “Tom’s iPhone” to something different. Settings>General>About>Name.

After 1-2 minutes I then powered off his phone and mine. Turned his back on first, then mine.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I believe the issue/conflict was due to both devices (the old and the new) having the same name. I hope this helps someone! Drove me nuts until I figured it out!

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 27, 2023 9:42 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Screentime has not been available for 7 days

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.