Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPhone 15 Pro Max sound is really quiet when connected to my cars speakers through USB-C to AUX adapter...

My iPhone 15 Pro Max is super quiet when I connect it to my cars speakers through USB-C to AUX adapter.. I chose the "Not Headphones" option and I went in and "Forgot" all connected headphones/devices and it is still very very low. I also went into Spotify and put playback as "Loud". Yes, my iPhone volume is all the way up as well.. but its still showing the little Headphones icon next to the volume control... When I had my Lightning to AUX adapter it was nice and loud. Any recommendations on a USB-C to AUX cable or adapter that will work better? Oh, I have tried connecting through bluetooth as well as it is also quiet so that is a no go.

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 28, 2023 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2023 2:53 PM

Turn sound check off! In music settings!

Similar questions

40 replies

Nov 16, 2023 5:43 PM in response to BigKenD88

This worked for me and gave it a big boost:

go to settings, sounds and haptics, headphones safety, USB Audio Accessories, “Connected to Headphones” turn ON then back to OFF and it’ll give you a good 90% boost. Sometimes you have to turn it on and off 3 to 4 times in order to get that beautiful boost. Turning OFF Dolby helps a bit as well.

Jan 28, 2024 3:15 PM in response to BigKenD88

I did 4 things to fix this problem. I too purchased the iPhone 15 pro max and was very disappointed at the sound “dimming” through my aux/auto stereo system. Turning off the sound check helped a little, but not by much in my situation.

1) Made sure to turn the sound check OFF in iPhone settings.

2) Changed my newly purchased aux cord back to my old one. So I am using the “Griffin Survivor Aux Cable”.

3) Purchased the Apple “USB-C to Headphone Jack Adapter” to connect to my Griffin Aux Cable.

4) Changed the EQ setting to OFF on my iPhone. The first three steps were a huge improvement to increasing my music volume. I think my new aux cord wasn’t working too great. I also noticed that changing my EQ setting affected the volume as well.

I hope this helps.

Nov 1, 2023 7:43 AM in response to BigKenD88

BigKenD888 Said:

iPhone 15 Pro Max sound is really quiet when connected to my cars speakers through USB-C to AUX adapter...

———-

Troubleshooting CarPlay with Low Volume:

Seems to be catching on. Question is: "Just how many people have actually reported this to Apple?" Apple barely reads these forums as it is on their own time and will. So,…

Report this as a Bug to Apple...

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of this, if you don't report it to them.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Oct 28, 2023 7:33 PM in response to BigKenD88

BigKenD88 Said:

"iPhone 15 Pro Max sound is really quiet when connected to my cars speakers through USB-C to AUX adapter...: [...]Any recommendations on a USB-C to AUX cable or adapter that will work better? Oh, I have tried connecting through bluetooth as well as it is also quiet so that is a no go."

-------

For reference...

Troubleshooting CarPlay:

A. Driver's Manual:

Read your driver's manual to find out more about syncing this.

B. Try being in Park:

For many, they must have their automobile in park to get this to all pair.

C. Visit this Link:

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

Nov 2, 2023 11:52 AM in response to BigKenD88

BigKenD88 Said:

"iPhone 15 Pro Max sound is really quiet when connected to my cars speakers through USB-C to AUX adapter...: [...]Any recommendations on a USB-C to AUX cable or adapter that will work better? Oh, I have tried connecting through bluetooth as well as it is also quiet so that is a no go."

-------

Getting the Right Adapter:

Find an adapter on Amazon or NewEgg. Be certain you verify its compatibility with your iPhone model and the installed iOS.

For reference…

Troubleshooting iPhone Audio:

A Few Links that May Help:

Feb 9, 2024 4:35 PM in response to BigKenD88

Having the same issue with Iphone15. my iphone 11 would "scream" that I would have to turn the phone volume down and still have a load radio. I am using the same 3.5 mm aux cord with a usb adapater. I have tried 3 different onces from different stores. I had a cheap ebay adapter from aux to the lightning for the 11 and i would say it was at least 60 % louder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.