Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Battery health reduced to 92% in 6 months

Hi Team,

My name is Sachin and I am a IPhone 14 user (IMEI # ****). Purchase date - Mar 30th 2023.

IPhone has always been my dream phone from the time iPhone 5 was launched in India. I always wanted to capture all the memories with my family and as it is not possible to carry a DSLR camera every time everywhere, I feel IPhones are the best alternatives of a camera. I was never able to buy a IPhone due to my personal responsibilities, however all my friends use IPhone pro models which was quite tempting.

I was really amazed by the display quality, photo quality and the feel it gives by holding the phone and after introducing cinematic feature in IPhone 13 I was desperate to by a IPhone.

This year some how I managed to by IPhone 14 on EMI. I was too happy to use a IPhone, however 2 months down the line disappointment of buying IPhone started.

First my battery health reduced by 2% within 2 to 3 months of purchase. I called customer service and they educated me of how it works and what precautions to take.

Few weeks later I got second shocker when I realized that in normal scenario when on a call if we take our phone away from ear the display lights and touch screen gets activated, however in my case at times it did not work that way for my phone. When raised a complaint they asked me to change the screen guard and this is my 3rd screen guard with no change in issue. If required please test my phone for a month and see for yourself, as the issue does not arise on every call.

The third biggest shocker I got was when I went to book iPhone 15 pro by exchanging it with my 6 months back newly purchased iPhone 14. They offered me 36k for my zero scratch phone. The total of my pending installment is more than 42k. I really felt like slapping myself in the store in front of all for all the sacrifices I did to buy this phone. I just stepped out of the store with a clear picture in mind that I will never be able to by any Pro model again, as my responsibilities will increase but not decrease.

Yesterday (14 Oct ‘23) when I checked battery health of my iPhone it was 93%. I realized that I made a big mistake by buying IPhone. The quality of material used to keep the phone running is poorest of all the normal China phones that are no longer available in market. I have a 5 year old Samsung phone which has zero issues till now.

I charge my phone once a day up to 80% most of the times and even after doing that I lost 7% of battery health. With this rate of dip in battery health, expiration of warranty of my phone and life of battery will get over one after the other and I will either have to spend on new battery or buy a new phone at the cost equivalent to battery.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14

Posted on Oct 29, 2023 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2023 10:38 PM

Your battery health will decrease between 1-2 percent each month; this is perfectly normal.

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 30, 2023 12:04 PM in response to Saching2612

Perhaps your second device battery had larger estimated capacity at purchase. Health is a best guesstimate of your battery's current condition and is not an exact measure as batteries degrade through use, temperature, chemical reaction, etc. Regardless, battery health normally decreases between 1-2 percent each month. Should your device battery health decline to 80 percent, have the battery replaced.

Battery health reduced to 92% in 6 months

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.