Fox News App and Website Freeze MacBook and iPhone

This problem has plagued multiple users for over 3 years now with no apparent solution. On both my MacBook pro and iPhone, the Fox News app (iPhone) and website (MacBook) will start to slow down my device's page loading as I scroll down the page. Eventually, scrolling is impossible and the device locks up requiring a restart. Occasionally, I can wait 1-3 minutes for the page to load and then exit, however, in most cases a restart is required. Not sure what is causing this or how to resolve. Funny that it only happens with Fox News. I've never had this problem with any other website.....ever.

Posted on Oct 30, 2023 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2024 4:53 AM

seems To be a common problem with Fox News app. The further down the app scan it begins to run slower and slower especially on iPad. I believe it is all the crap they load between different sections. Only on news app.

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 30, 2023 7:34 AM in response to stuhrw

You don't tell us which versions of macOS and Safari that you're using.

Please make sure that both are up to date. You don't have to upgrade to the newest OS, just make sure there are no updates waiting for the version you have.

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Since this has been going on for some time now with no apparent fix in sight, when you have trouble using a website with Safari, try opening it with a third party browser.

I suggest you take a look at Firefox browser or Brave browser.

Download an alternative browser and install it into your Applications folder. Launch and use that when you encounter websites that don't play well with Safari.

Fox News App and Website Freeze MacBook and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.