Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPhone 15 Pro Max not charging

Hi, I have recently purchased an IPhone 15 Pro Max and have been using it for the last week. Yesterday I plugged it in to charge using the Apple provided USB-C charging cable and it would not charge.

Fortunately I can still charge using a wireless charger but ideally I’d like to know if anyone else was experiencing this issue?

And if so how did they fix it😕

Iphone was purchased brand new from the Apple Store and I have not dropped it, damaged it at all in the week or so I’ve owned it, very disappointed something so new has stopped working so soon.

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 30, 2023 4:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2023 3:07 AM

I have the same issue. Though a soft reset (vol up, vol down, hold power until it reset), seemed to solve the problem (not sure how long for as only just tried this). Currently charging via cable. I assume this is a software issue in my case. Hope it helps you too.

74 replies

Jan 18, 2024 8:44 AM in response to Nickbyrne

Experiencing the same challenge on a 10 day old 15 Pro Max. Upon initial plug in it was charging but turned off while still connected and using. I’m in the car on a road trip so it’s all converted power.

Researched the problem on forums.

tried soft reset (vol up, vol down, hold power until apple). Unsuccessful.

tried power off reboot. Unsuccessful.

tried apple provided usb-c to usb-c. Unsuccessful.

tried Anker usb-a to usb-c. Unsuccessful.

tried the above while connected to cables during reboots/soft resets. Unsuccessful.

Anker power brick MagSafe 622 usb-c to usb-c WORKS.

MagSafe works fine.

all of this is being done currently in the car on a road trip via two different power sources.

WTAF?

Feb 19, 2024 5:25 PM in response to Nickbyrne

Got my iphone 15 pro max a couple weeks after it came out. recently have started to have the issue where when my phone is down to -5% when plugged in it will not charge. Tried restarting the phone and using other cords and eventually the charging will start after switching the phone on and off and switching between cords but it’s a hassle. Apple please fix this.

Mar 4, 2024 7:52 AM in response to Nickbyrne

I have the same issue: 15PM

The first time, before going to bed plugged in phone into the charger, and saw it started charging, but the next day woke up with 40% left. So I think it stopped charging by itself.

Restart/reset the phone as suggested; not working.

The phone was charged using the USB-C cable through a computer port, and it worked. After this, plugging into the wall also worked.

The second time, same as above, after connecting to the computer, which started the charge, then the wall plug did not work.

--- I put the setting to 'optimized charging', I am assuming that this is a settings-related charging issue, software. Since they are showing the charge cycles for the users, I hope they fix this soon, because this is a big reliability issue.

iPhone 15 Pro Max not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.