Why does my iPhone 15 keep forgetting my wifi network?

Please let me know how to fix my phone. Every time I return home my iPhone forgets my wifi network. This is very frustrating. It does not just disconnect, it forgets it. This is a 64 character random password that is a pain to reenter. None of my Android phones ever had this problem. This kind of BS makes me hate my POS iPhone 15 Max Pro when it cannot remember a password. It has 256 GB of storage, but 64 characters is too much? How can I stop my iPhone from making me reenter my network every time? Thank you for your help.

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 31, 2023 9:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 1:31 AM

I am having the same issue. Multiple times a day I have to re-enter the passcode for my home Wi-Fi network in my iPhone 15 Pro Max. Could it be that I have both an airport express and an airport extreme working in bridge mode together for one network?

10 replies

Oct 31, 2023 10:43 PM in response to Zimmerja2

Zimmerja2 Said:

"Why does my iPhone 15 keep forgetting my wifi network?: My home network and router."

-------

Thank you or the followup reply.

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi:

Try these thoughts:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If connecting is unsuccessful, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and Cookies

Go Here: Clear your Safari Browser History and Set Up Content Blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

and...

B. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

and...

C. Troubleshooting Connectivity:

Wi-Fi: If your iPhone won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

and...

D. Reset your Network Settings:

Oct 31, 2023 10:21 PM in response to Zimmerja2

Zimmerja2 Said:

"Why does my iPhone 15 keep forgetting my wifi network?"

-------

Are you Using a Public LAN or a College LAN?

If so, see about getting a new root certificate:***

Start with forgetting the Wi-Fi network on your iPhone. Then, contact the Web Master of the college, requesting a new code for logging in. Nothing can be done on your end.

Why does my iPhone 15 keep forgetting my wifi network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.