You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recieved damage macbook pro

I RFB MBP 16 SG/12C/38C GPU/64G/4T-AUS

I purchased A$6,459.00 and received the product. When I took the MacBook Pro out of the box to check its appearance, I found that there was a 3-inch scratch on the back side, raised as if it had been pushed out from inside. I immediately called Apple and explained the situation, and they arranged for me to pick up the product.After that, I was told that I would be refunded the purchase price and that I could purchase a new product. Before purchasing this product, I called Apple to confirm that the product was not scratched or damaged. The person in charge told me it was a great deal because it would be shipped in the same condition as new, so I purchased it, but the item I received was damaged. Regarding this issue, I was able to get my money back, so one issue has been resolved. However, the M3 MBP was announced yesterday, and as of today, you can no longer purchase the M2 MBP from the Apple website. Will Apple no longer sell the M2 MBP?

It was too expensive to purchase M3 MBP with the same specifications. I am troubled. . . .

MacBook Pro (M2 Max, 2023)

Posted on Nov 1, 2023 3:33 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 1, 2023 3:40 AM in response to mitsuguhakataya

Take it back. You have 14 days to get a full refund. Failure to do so in the specified time means you cannot get a full refund, and trade ins of brand new Macs is not allowed.

You may can get warranty repairs after the 14 days, but the Apple Genius will determine if you qualify upon inspection.

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

We all face new models coming out after we purchase a device. That notwithstanding, the above policy applies regardless.

Nov 1, 2023 5:30 AM in response to stumpy1946

Thank you for your advice. The return and refund procedures have been completed and I am waiting for the shipping company arranged by Apple to come pick it up. If I buy M3 MBP with the specs I want, it will go over my budget, so save money. I wish the MBP I purchased this time had not been damaged. . . . Very disappointed. This is just a guess, but I think it's probably an expansion of the battery based on how it looks and feels swollen to the touch.

I recieved damage macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.