How to Convert MOV to MP4 on Mac ?

I am struggling to convert mov file to mp4 on Mac. I have tried multiple methods, including using the built-in QuickTime Player, but the resulting video is either poor quality or distorted. I am looking for a reliable and efficient way to convert my video without losing quality. Any solutions or recommendations of software that I can use on my Mac would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can offer.

Mac Pro (2023)

Posted on Nov 1, 2023 4:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2023 1:05 AM

How large is the .mov file? If it is a small size and no sensitive content, then you can use the online video converter to do that. Otherwise, please go with a desktop video converter app instead, such as iMovie, Handbrake, UniConverter. Here is quite good review for MOV converters. Go to the quick comparison table to pick up the one you prefer:

https://www.sysgeeker.com/blog/top-7-mov-converters-for-mac-effortlessly-convert-your-videos.html

P.S. If you are familiar with commands, then FFmpeg is another great tool to try out (command-line based).

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2023 1:05 AM in response to ninfaFP

How large is the .mov file? If it is a small size and no sensitive content, then you can use the online video converter to do that. Otherwise, please go with a desktop video converter app instead, such as iMovie, Handbrake, UniConverter. Here is quite good review for MOV converters. Go to the quick comparison table to pick up the one you prefer:

https://www.sysgeeker.com/blog/top-7-mov-converters-for-mac-effortlessly-convert-your-videos.html

P.S. If you are familiar with commands, then FFmpeg is another great tool to try out (command-line based).

Nov 9, 2023 7:33 PM in response to ninfaFP

1.Open iMovie and create a new project.

2.Drag the .mov file into the project.

3.Click on the share button (a box with an upward arrow) or go to "File" > "Share" and choose “File”.

4.In the settings that appear, make sure the format is set to “Video and Audio” and the file format is set to “.mp4”.

5.Click “Next” and choose where to save your file.

Nov 11, 2023 1:48 AM in response to ninfaFP

1. Launch iMovie, click the File menu and select New Movie from the drop-down menu.

2. Click the Import Media button to import the MOV video you want to convert to MP4.

3. Once the file’s been imported, click on it, and click the File menu, select Share, then click File

4. This will trigger a popup window; optionally, edit the export settings such as quality, resolution, etc., then click Next.

5. Now choose where you want to save your video (saved in the Movies directory by default), then click Save.

Hope I Helped :)

Nov 10, 2023 11:19 PM in response to Nurencekarz

Nurencekarz wrote:

1.Open iMovie and create a new project.

2.Drag the .mov file into the project.

3.Click on the share button (a box with an upward arrow) or go to "File" > "Share" and choose “File”.

4.In the settings that appear, make sure the format is set to “Video and Audio” and the file format is set to “.mp4”.

5.Click “Next” and choose where to save your file.

iMovie wasn't as good as we thought it would be. While it may be ideal for simple film editing, but not be sufficient for more complex projects, and it not be as flexible and accessible as some other software. Do you have other recommendations?

How to Convert MOV to MP4 on Mac ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.