New iPhone failed to install update

I have a question if you guys don’t mind

I bought a new iphone and wanted to transfer data from my old one to the new iPhone but it required an update. When it finished downloading it was stuck on “install now” for about an hour

So I pressed the power button and chose the option “start over” and it erased everything as you know.

My question is..was what i did wrong and gonna effect the phone in long term?since it was trying to install update but to no avail it was stuck on loading trying to install it

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 4:45 AM

2 replies

Nov 2, 2023 9:09 AM in response to Bleaked

Bleaked wrote:

I have a question if you guys don’t mind
I bought a new iphone and wanted to transfer data from my old one to the new iPhone but it required an update. When it finished downloading it was stuck on “install now” for about an hour
So I pressed the power button and chose the option “start over” and it erased everything as you know.
My question is..was what i did wrong and gonna effect the phone in long term?since it was trying to install update but to no avail it was stuck on loading trying to install it

YOu plug the new phone to a power source so it stays connected to wifi so it can finish the update.

New iPhone failed to install update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.