How to Screen Record YouTube Videos with Sound?

I have tried to record YouTube videos with sound via the built-in screen recording tool on my device, but it only captures video without any audio. I wonder if there is any other methods or tools that I can use to screen record YouTube videos with sound. It is important for me because I am creating a tutorial and need to show and explain what is happening in the video. I would appreciate any advice or recommendations on how to achieve this. Thank you.

Posted on Nov 6, 2023 12:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2023 10:33 PM

I have problem using the built-in video recording feature. It lacks functionality and can only do some simple recording. Fortunately, there are many free and paid video recorder apps for Mac. Here is a review for that:

https://www.sysgeeker.com/blog/the-best-7-video-recorders-for-mac-effortlessly-capture-your-screen-activities.html

Please go and test the app by yourself and choose the best one based on your own experience.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2023 10:33 PM in response to shavonneas

I have problem using the built-in video recording feature. It lacks functionality and can only do some simple recording. Fortunately, there are many free and paid video recorder apps for Mac. Here is a review for that:

https://www.sysgeeker.com/blog/the-best-7-video-recorders-for-mac-effortlessly-capture-your-screen-activities.html

Please go and test the app by yourself and choose the best one based on your own experience.

Jan 15, 2024 1:25 AM in response to shavonneas

Well, I can share with you 3 ways to help you screen record YouTube videos with sound:

1. Kingshiper Screen Recorder: This tool provides three recording modes, you can choose Window Recording and select the YouTube to record.
  2. OBS Studio: A free and open-source tool that is widely used for live streaming and screen recording purposes. You can adjust audio levels, remove background noise, add filters and effects, and even mix multiple audio sources.
  3. Use Loom: It is a popular cloud-based screen and video recording tool that allows you to capture your screen, webcam, and microphone effortlessly.

Nov 13, 2023 5:22 AM in response to shavonneas

this is the method that I use:

to record the mac's internal sound with quicktime (or also “shift-command-5”) you need additional software. i use the free BlackHole Virtual Audio Driver. then you can choose "BlackHole 2ch" in the recording options instead of "Built-in Microphone."

you will also need to set up a multi-output device in your audio MIDI setup utility to be able to both hear and record the internal audio at the same time.

to set up a multi-output device:

Open Audio MIDI Setup: (found in /Applications/Utilities)

hit the '+' button in the bottom left corner and select "Create Multi Output Device"

then in the panel that appears on the right, in the Multi-Output Device tab, select "Built-in Output" AND "BlackHole 2ch". (and, if you want, any of your other connected devices.)

once you do that, (and BEFORE recording) you can choose "BlackHole 2ch" or "Multi-Output Device" in your menubar "sound options".

to both hear the speakers and record the audio at the same time, choose "Multi-Output Device". before choosing multi-out, set the internal speakers' volume to a comfortable level first. you cannot control the volume once you are in multi-out mode.

then, if you want to record the internal audio as well as your microphone, it's slightly different. you need to set up an “Aggregate Device”

to set up an Aggregate Device:

Open Audio MIDI Setup: (found in /Applications/Utilities)

hit the '+' button in the bottom left corner and select “Create Aggregate Device”

then in the panel that appears on the right, in the Aggregate Device tab, select “BlackHole 2ch” AND “Built-in Microphone”

then when you choose the recording options, select “Aggregate Device”.

once you do that, (and BEFORE recording) choose “Multi-Output Device" in your menubar "sound options".

*** you will also need to adjust your MIDI settings depending on which input / output methods (microphone / sound output) that you want to use.

*** for best results when using the aggregate device, you should use headphones to hear the mac's audio. if you use your speakers to hear the audio, then depending on the speed of your Mac and the volume of your speakers, the mic will capture the sound from the speakers a fraction of  a second later. then you will hear that from your speakers a fraction of a second later, which the microphone will capture it a fraction of a second later, which you will hear from your speakers…….

How to Screen Record YouTube Videos with Sound?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.