Mac pro yardım

MAC HELP REQUEST

Hello, I have a question, I would appreciate it if you would answer. I have a 2010 series mac pro machine whose disk I have formatted. Because I couldn't introduce my external sound card, the computer eventually crashed while makinays was trying to install different versions of software, and I formatted the disk with an external disk from scratch, and I also formatted the disk nicely. Now, even though I'm trying all the key combinations, even though I'm trying to install different versions with an external disk, I can't install it somehow. Either the envelope with the question mark comes out or the mouse cursor appears on the gray screen. Do you have any suggestions what I can do in such a situation?

MAC YARDIM İSTEĞİ

Merhaba bir sorum olacak cevaplarsanız sevinirim. Diskini formatladığım 2010 serisi bir mac pro makinam var. Harici ses kartımı tanıtamadığım için makinays farklı versiyon yazılım yükleme denemeleri yaparken en sonunda bilgisayar çöktü ve bende sıfırdan harici bir disk ile formatlarım kafasıyla diski de bir güzel formatladım. Şimdi tüm tuş kombinasyonlarını denememe rağmen, harici diskle farklı versiyon kurma denemeleri yapmama rağmen bir türlü yükleme yapamıyorum. Ya soru işaretli zarf çıkıyor yada gri ekranda mouse imleci çıkıyor. Böyle bir durumda ne yapabilirim öneriniz var mı acaba?

Posted on Nov 6, 2023 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2023 7:23 AM

Mac Pro 2010 42 pound silver tower desktop computer can run up to MacOS 10.13.6 High Sierra without special treatment, and 10.14 IF you upgrade to a metal-compatible graphics card.

Those models do not have restrictions on WHAT drive you can install on, BUT the boot drive format may change for later versions.

Older MacOS installed on a Rotating Magnetic drive uses MacOS Extended (HFS+) as its format.

10.13 and later will use automatically convert to and use APFS format IF the boot drive is a Solid State Drive (SSD).

<< the mouse cursor appears on the gray screen. >>

When you hold the Option key at startup, the Mac will attempt to discover what bootable drives are available. This gives a blank gray screen with a 'wait' cursor. WAIT. Over the next several minutes, your Mac will add an Icon for each drive that appears to be bootable, and at the end of one pass, the cursor changes from "wait" cursor to the 'ordinary" pointer.

<< the envelope with the question mark >>

the Question mark says, "I Looked at the last-specified boot drive, but macOS was not there or not bootable."

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2023 7:23 AM in response to murathanbesi

Mac Pro 2010 42 pound silver tower desktop computer can run up to MacOS 10.13.6 High Sierra without special treatment, and 10.14 IF you upgrade to a metal-compatible graphics card.

Those models do not have restrictions on WHAT drive you can install on, BUT the boot drive format may change for later versions.

Older MacOS installed on a Rotating Magnetic drive uses MacOS Extended (HFS+) as its format.

10.13 and later will use automatically convert to and use APFS format IF the boot drive is a Solid State Drive (SSD).

<< the mouse cursor appears on the gray screen. >>

When you hold the Option key at startup, the Mac will attempt to discover what bootable drives are available. This gives a blank gray screen with a 'wait' cursor. WAIT. Over the next several minutes, your Mac will add an Icon for each drive that appears to be bootable, and at the end of one pass, the cursor changes from "wait" cursor to the 'ordinary" pointer.

<< the envelope with the question mark >>

the Question mark says, "I Looked at the last-specified boot drive, but macOS was not there or not bootable."

Mac pro yardım

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.