Account Data Breach on iMAC

My iMac was hacked. The data breach included the serial number for my iMAC. What can I do to lock out someone impersonating me on Facebook Friend Request and Messenger ?

I am using Sonoma 14.0 macOS on an iMac.

iMac 24″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Nov 9, 2023 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2023 8:10 PM

mpmike wrote:

... What can I do to lock out someone impersonating me on Facebook Friend Request and Messenger ?

The Facebook and Messenger issues are common. Those accounts are likely not hacked, but someone may be impersonating you with lifted pics and a same FB user name.

If you are concerned about the security of your FB account, change your password.

You may also wish to post a notice on your FB page letting your friends know that you haven't been sending friend requests or Messenger texts.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2023 8:10 PM in response to mpmike

mpmike wrote:

... What can I do to lock out someone impersonating me on Facebook Friend Request and Messenger ?

The Facebook and Messenger issues are common. Those accounts are likely not hacked, but someone may be impersonating you with lifted pics and a same FB user name.

If you are concerned about the security of your FB account, change your password.

You may also wish to post a notice on your FB page letting your friends know that you haven't been sending friend requests or Messenger texts.

Account Data Breach on iMAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.