Watch Time Zone changes when away from iPhone

When I move away from my phone, the time will go back to being set automatically and therefore is set to the wrong time zone because Verizon's towers are stupid. On my apple watch, Maps, Weather, and the World Clock show my correct location.

See the problem here? 11:22 is the correct time, 10:22 is not. If the Apple Watch is suppose to mirror the setting of the iPhone, then why does the Watch revert the setting when it is away from the phone. If I go for a walk in my neighborhood without my phone, the time should stay the same. If I set it to be a certain time zone on the iPhone, that setting should stick on the watch.

I am also sending this to apple feedback. I wanted to know if anyone else was having the same issue and if there is a resolution. Thank you.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

EDIT: Just a follow up. This issue is a recent development. I don't recall having this issue until the last few months. Did a watchOS update break something?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Nov 10, 2023 8:36 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Watch Time Zone changes when away from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.