iPhone 15 Pro Max Battery health dropping faster

On IPhone 15 Pro Max, I found out that on my phone cycle count only 31 count that battery health already dropped to 98%, and called to apple support, running different type of the diagnostics test, but saying working fine with my battery. Asking me continue using it, I called apple support is on 7-11-2023, and today 12-11-2023, I checked my battery had been dropped to 97% and just with 35 cycle count, mean that I just charged 4 cycle count already dropped 1%. And I checked apple community seem like this is the common issue on iPhone 15 Pro Max, but apple non stop saying this is normal…….. did anyone having same issue with me ? I think that apple still not taking any action on this issue, just will saying my software tested working fine with your battery…………

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 11, 2023 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 29, 2024 12:08 AM

After just 109 battery cycles of Iphone 15 pro max, my phone’s battery health dropped to 96%. Is it normal or there is an issue with my mobile ?

ITS REALLY CONCERNING.

68 replies

Nov 11, 2023 10:20 PM in response to TheLittles

iOS17 battery health is reporting wrong i think … Or apple uses batteries from less quality. I’m still at 100% health (sept25 - now / 17 charge cycles) but in analystic files it has already dropped from 104% to 101%. My iphone 14 pro was after 6 months still 101%. So my iPhone 15 pro drops faster and i take care of my battery like a freak.

Jan 3, 2024 8:15 AM in response to fackerlee

i still have 100% after 81 cycles. i think it depends on the user. id recommend only charging to 80%. you can set an 80% limit in settings on all 15 models, settings>battery>battery health & charging>charging optimization and select 80% limit. i charge my phone overnight so only charge to 100 if i really need it. the 80% limit helps so much especially charging overnight.

Nov 11, 2023 4:50 PM in response to fackerlee

fackerlee Said:

"iPhone 15 Pro Max Battery health dropping faster: [...] I checked apple community seem like this is the common issue on iPhone 15 Pro Max, but apple non stop saying this is normal…….. did anyone having same issue with me ? I think that apple still not taking any action on this issue, just will saying my software tested working fine with your battery…………"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Battery Health Dropping After iOS17 Update:

A. Downgrading the iOS:

Unfortunately, the iOS cannot be downgraded to a lower version. So, you only option, when it comes to restoring from an iPhone backup, is to restore from on that is of the same iOS version.

B. Report this to Apple...

Draining iPhone batteries and overheating are a well-known issues of the iOS17 update. Question is: "Just how many people have actually reported this to Apple?"

So, do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of this, if you don't report it to them.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Nov 11, 2023 6:30 PM in response to fackerlee

fackerlee Said:

"Thanks, for you advice. I think Apple need to take some action on IPhone 15 Pro, seem like this is the common issue/case that current iPhone 15 Pro had facing."

-------

You are welcome.

Get this Serviced:

It may be a standalone issue, but less likely is expected to be. Note that is common among one iPhone models that have iOS17 installed.

iPhone 15 Pro Max Battery health dropping faster

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.