How is the iPhone 15 Pro Max regarding performance and battery?

I want to buy iphone 15 pro max but I am hesitant because of the reviews and news I heard when it was released regarding the heating issue and other problems so I want to make sure if things were solved or not yet before I buy it.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 12, 2023 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2024 2:58 PM

Hello. Good day. You wrote this on Nov 20. Now in Feb 16, is still iPhone 15 having trouble? Is it wise to buy an iPhone 15 PRO MAX today? Or still is a risk and a matter of luck that you get a healthy phone?

thanks

55 replies

Dec 23, 2023 3:20 PM in response to Shahd222

I have the 15 pro (not the max) and I am having so many problems that I have decided to return the phone for a refund. Where do I start? Just signing onto this forum crashed my phone requiring me to shut down and restart. So here is a list of some of the problems I am experiencing. I know some aren’t that significant but they do bug me. So here goes.

1) My home screen and main screen wallpaper keeps changing. There is a work around but when it happens several times a day it just gets exhausting. Intermittent issue.

2) I keep having to verify I am not a robot when searching sites on safari. Most of the time I have to go through the haste of identifying traffic lights, motorcycles or staircases etc. My Apple verification is enabled. Probably occurs around 70% of the time.

3) Screen mirror just does not work. The connection is made, but within 30 seconds or so I get an Air Play message which interrupts the video. The issue is repetitive.

4) Bluetooth issues across multiple devices. Some connect and others do not. Constant issue.

5) No volume when the phone rings. Intermittent issue.

6) Rear camera video has barely any colour in natural light. However indoors the colour is really good. Outside it’s almost grey. Constant issue. Also I get strange flickering in some situations. I also have an iPhone XS and this does not happen.

7) Poor mobile service compared to my XS. Permanent issue.

Before purchasing this phone, I used an iPhone 7 for work and an XS for personal use . I thought I would upgrade to the 15 pro for personal use and benefit from (what I thought would be)..a better camera. The plan was to use the XS for work. However the XS is way superior so I am returning this phone and getting a new battery for my 7. In all fairness to Apple they have accepted the problems I am experiencing and offered a replacement or refund. But with so many issues, I’m taking the refund. Just a word of warning though. If you purchase the phone through credit and then return it for a refund you get a black mark against your credit score because you have broken your contract. This was explained to me by Apple so be warned. Sorry for the long post, and this is the short version!!!

Jan 28, 2024 1:57 AM in response to Shahd222

My 3 month old Iphone 15 Pro was just sent back for warranty claim due to a few problems.

1) charging problem - the phone could not be charged with the USB-C cable, however when I used my MagSafe charger it charged up just fine

2) screen problem - the screen just froze and no matter how many times you reset it, it just doesn’t fix itself!

Was wondering if anyone else is facing this problem 🤔

Jan 14, 2024 11:53 AM in response to Shahd222

YES! Dropping calls, apps not responding, when texting there pauses before the text box appears, then cannot send the text, have to completely close text and start over again, cant hear phone ring, turn volume up and some how it goes down, just a whole hosts of problems that I’ve never experienced before. I have to often perform hard resets just so all the aforementioned glitches will go away only to start again. Ugh! I’ve only purchased iPhones starting with iPhone 3 and this one by far has been the worst one. Very disappointing. Oh and not to mention the WiFi keeps skipping between off and on.

Nov 12, 2023 7:58 AM in response to SKoTN___

Battery life and health is great. Both are at 100% Battery Health and we've had them since the official first day of launch. And battery life has been great as it was on our 14 Pro's.

Not one person I know personally who owns iPhone 15 Pro or 15 Pro Max is having or has had any issues with their phone. Don't buy all the hysteria you read here and elsewhere. People usually aren't on forums, when they have nothing to complain about.

Jan 14, 2024 11:34 AM in response to Shahd222

YES! Dropping calls, apps not responding, when texting there’s pauses before the text box appears, then cannot send the text, have to completely close text and start over again, cant hear phone ring, turn volume up and some how it goes down, just a whole hosts of problems that I’ve never experienced before. I have to often perform hard resets just so all the aforementioned glitches will go away only to start again.

Jan 11, 2024 7:27 AM in response to Shahd222

Hopefully, the issues have been resolved with updates for you. I just got a Pro Max and my wife just got a Pro. We’ve had no issues whatsoever. If you want to have a seamless experience waiting a bit after a launch is better for you. But if you go into it expecting perfection you’ll be disappointed no matter what platform you use. When you buy something new right away you have to expect growing pains.

But Apple is pretty quick to resolve them. I’ve had Android phones in the past where they take a substantial amount of time to resolve ANY issue. Even Apple isn’t perfect, but they respond quicker than Android has in the past, in my experience. That being said I also have a Samsung S23 Ultra that I’ve enjoyed as well.

Jan 20, 2024 10:58 AM in response to BladeTheBomber

I have all those issues with my iPhone 15pro max. Constantly having to verify im not a robot, when there is a program to prevent that already hardwired into the device. I gave up and ignored all the issues. The weird messages I get browsing on safari, that I am not verified or something and can’t keep on the page, the messages that pop up in some small type at the top of a blank page telling me I’m kicked off the page basically. I have to use chrome. My phone heats up but I’m used to that my 12 pro max did the same. I was excited about getting this phone but now I just want my old phone back

Feb 26, 2024 5:01 AM in response to n2yta

n2yta wrote:

Because you don’t have any issues with your phone, we should
all shut up?

The issues with my phone are real, they’re not in my imaginations.

I bought a $1,200 phone that has issues. My previous iPhone
XR worked perfectly (I should have kept it)

There isn’t any “hysteria” just people who are disappointed in
a (very expensive) product they bought, hoping the problems be corrected.

Don't put words in my mouth. Please point out where I told anyone to shut up? You won't be able to because I never said anything of the sort. I responded to someone who asked if the issues have been resolved. I simply commented that we've had NO issues and to not assume that everyone who has purchased an iPhone 15 has had issues. And I never said no one has had issues either.

Feb 23, 2024 8:24 PM in response to Shahd222

I got my Phone for Christmas, and I was a little worried because it just so happened to be an iPhone 15, but everything’s been A-ok with my iPhone. It doesn’t overheat, no greening over the screen, Face ID works, etc. I mean everything works as intended. Maybe I’m just lucky and got a good working phone or but am I the only one who hasn’t had a complaint?

as for the people saying the phone “snaps easily and scratches easily”… I mean yeah that’s true but first; who is walking around with no case? And also who is willingly dropping their phone from high heights?

How is the iPhone 15 Pro Max regarding performance and battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.