You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

terminal

I installed python on my macbook and run install shell in the installation folder and then update shell... and my terminal ruined. Now whenever I open in, it continuously writes bash bash on top of the shell, in the name place of the windows, near Terminal - 80x24 and do its process nonstop and no command work when I type it in the window and after a minute the operation stops and it writes there that [process completed] and then I can't type anything in that window anymore. I don't know what to do. I reinstall the macOS, reset and hard reset the shell, quit it, delete its data file in Preferences folder in Library... but didn't fix.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2023 11:19 AM

2 replies

Nov 16, 2023 2:06 PM in response to Ana-Alef

I already replied to your other thread here:

Please Help. My Terminal has became Usele… - Apple Community

FYI, there is no reason to create two threads for the same issue as it makes things confusing to contributors. We are just other users such as yourself who are volunteering our own personal time to assist people and it is frustating & a waste of our time if we end up repeating things in multiple threads for the same person & issue.

Nov 13, 2023 8:07 AM in response to Ana-Alef

I suggest you uninstall Python and retest if that removal fixes the problem. If it does, you know the source. Use the developer's instructions on removing it or use app AppCleaner.

Reinstalling the OS does not affect any apps. So if you reinstalled but left Python there, you're right back to where you started.

You need to determine if Python is the culprit.

terminal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.