Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

zsh shell mess up .mac Air m1 , Ventura.

i was trying to install "mamba" in VScode and tried to swap from Bash terminal to zsh . turned into a mess ,can fin the right directory. i been on the terminal trying to find a solution but Terminal wont take commands. i appreciate big time! i think i messed up my zsh startup files. the "terminal wont take any commands " its like frozen here are some. i will really appreciate some help .

MacBook Pro 15″, 10.11

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 9:47 AM

In Terminal, choose "New Command" from the "Shell" menu. In the "Command" field, enter the following:

/bin/zsh --no-rcs

This will run the zsh shell with no startup files. It will be a different environment than you are used to, but that's the point. Use this environment to undo whatever you had done to corrupt your environment.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2023 9:47 AM in response to alex_marr

In Terminal, choose "New Command" from the "Shell" menu. In the "Command" field, enter the following:

/bin/zsh --no-rcs

This will run the zsh shell with no startup files. It will be a different environment than you are used to, but that's the point. Use this environment to undo whatever you had done to corrupt your environment.

zsh shell mess up .mac Air m1 , Ventura.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.