You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirTag notification keeps turning on

I have an AirTag that I just got it recently, and the notification that I left it behind keeps popping up on my watch. I go to the AirTag in the find my friends app, and turn it off, and then may be a day or so later I’ll get the notification again whenever I leave the presence of the AirTag. And I can go back to the Find My app and I’ll see that notifications are turned back on again, it’s kind of frustrating. If I can’t get rid of this, this AirTag is gotta go.

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Nov 12, 2023 12:26 PM

4 replies

Nov 13, 2023 1:42 AM in response to SouthernAtHeart

With Notify When Left Behind, your iPhone will alert you when you leave a supported Apple device, AirTag or Find My network accessory at an unknown location. Find out how to set up Notify When Left Behind in the Find My app. And add locations where you don't want to be notified if something's left there.

Set up and use Notify When Left Behind in the Find My app

AirTag notification keeps turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.