Is there a way to AirDrop pictures from an iPhone to an Android? If not, how can I transfer them?

Trying to copy all my photos from my iPhone to my galaxy

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 13, 2023 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2023 8:28 AM

Hello,

You cannot directly AirDrop from an iPhone to an Android device. However, you can use alternative methods such as cloud storage services, third-party file transfer apps, USB cables, or email attachments to transfer your photos.

I hope this will help you.

Thank you.

8 replies

Apr 10, 2024 6:15 PM in response to Henri_Kumans

Henri_Kumans wrote:

Why I cannot directly AirDrop from an iPhone to an Android device? Which is the reason? In older version it was possible. Are you trying to restrain my activity to your frills or what?

It has never been possible. The same is true for Android's Quick Share which is only able to share to other Android Devices. Is Android trying to restrain your activity to their frills or what?

May 26, 2024 3:21 AM in response to lyndsay69

It's truly frustrating that in this day and age, sharing pictures between an iPhone and an Android device isn't as seamless as it should be. Apple’s proprietary AirDrop feature is a prime example of the company’s tendency to lock users into its ecosystem, effectively alienating those who don’t conform to their product lineup. Friends should be able to share moments effortlessly, regardless of their choice of phone...

It’s high time for Apple to reconsider its approach and prioritize user convenience over ecosystem exclusivity.

Is there a way to AirDrop pictures from an iPhone to an Android? If not, how can I transfer them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.