Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

My monitors doesn't connect with Dell D6000 with my M3 Pro MacBook

While I plugged my MacBook Pro 14 M3, it didn't connect to my Dell D6000. Can someone please help? Thanks

Posted on Nov 16, 2023 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2023 8:54 PM

Hi all same issue, on m M1 MacBook Pro Max I had a Dell D6000 docking station with it outputting to 3 external monitors across the 2 DP and 1 HDMI off the dock. With the new M3 it only displays external monitors connectd to DP and not the HDMI. If I plug my M1 back in it works perfect on all 3 monitors. Same version of Display Link installed on both the M1 and M3.

Whats up with the M3?

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2023 8:54 PM in response to MartinKuhl

Hi all same issue, on m M1 MacBook Pro Max I had a Dell D6000 docking station with it outputting to 3 external monitors across the 2 DP and 1 HDMI off the dock. With the new M3 it only displays external monitors connectd to DP and not the HDMI. If I plug my M1 back in it works perfect on all 3 monitors. Same version of Display Link installed on both the M1 and M3.

Whats up with the M3?

Feb 23, 2024 3:00 AM in response to Hanami1915

I have exactly the same issue. Dell D6000 doesn't work for my 2023 16" M3 Pro MacBook.

Two monitors connected via DisplayPort works sometimes (25% of the time). Sometimes I need to connect my docking station couple of times before it finally get's it. But even if is connected (with latest DisplayLink Manger software), a 3rd monitor connected via HDMI to D6000... doesn't work.

I can do a workaround to have a 3 external monitor setup, by connecting HDMI cable directly to my MacBook or via some HDMI->USB-C adapter. However this is very annoying. Especially the fact that station 75% of the time has a trouble to connect.

ON THE OTHER HAND...

this same station works perfectly fine with 2020 13" M1 MacBook Pro

Dec 6, 2023 1:36 AM in response to Hanami1915

I have a setup with a Macbook Pro 14 M3, 3 monitors and the Dell D6000. 2 of the 3 monitors are connected as soon as I start the Display Link App. The third monitor is not connected at all.

I have an "old" M1 MacBook Pro there one monitor is connected even if the Display Link App is not started. As soon as I start the Display Link App, all 3 monitors are working as expected.

Now the question is why it is not working with the new M3?

Same monitor setup but the 3rd monitor remain black.

Apr 1, 2024 12:17 PM in response to Hanami1915

Does 3 externals works on M3 standard or Pro? I am wondering buying a new MBP to use with my D6000 connected to 3 external 1080i displays (working fine in single USB-C on my current MBP M1).

Apple site says:

M3 standard: 1 external display; Pro: 2 external displays; and Max 4 external displays.

Buy 14-inch MacBook Pro - Apple

But also says only one external for my current M1 but it pushes 3 externals just fine with D6000 + DisplayLinkManager.

Should I take the risk?

Mar 17, 2024 1:31 PM in response to Hanami1915

I had the same issue on a MacBook pro M3 16" running macos 14.4.

The solution was to download the latest version of Display link (1.10.1 at the time of writing) and update the firmware on the D6000 go the latest version (requires Windows)

If this doesn't work you might need to uninstall the old version of Display Link before Installing the latest version.

It's now working on the built in display and 2 x Dell 27" monitors.

Apr 25, 2024 3:58 PM in response to noisypl

I have exactly this same issue!

I have a Dell D6000 dock.

My Dell 5480 laptop running KDE Neon runs all 3 screens perfectly fine.

My M1 Macbook Pro also ran all 3 screens perfectly fine.

I got a new M3 Macbook Pro on Monday and it does NOT run all 3 screens and only runs the Displaylink (HDMI) ports. The non Displaylink DisplayPort never gets recognised by the Macbook at all no matter what I do.

It's really infuriating as I bought that Dock specifically because it worked on my M1 Macbook (I tested it in the store to make sure) and even planned my Linux laptop around that compatibility as well.

It never occurred to me that anything would change on the M3 Macbook.

My monitors doesn't connect with Dell D6000 with my M3 Pro MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.