Instagram app loading but not working on iPhone

Hi there,

a couple of weeks ago, the instagram app stopped working on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. When I try to open it, there is a constant circle spinning. I have followed all the troubleshooting steps through the insta app on my iPad, reported the problem 10+times, went to the Apple Store to see whether there could a problem with my phone, spoke to apple customer support and also reset the phone completely. Still no luck! I don't know what else to do. Instagram customer support for businesses is completely useless and I'm now getting impatience. Would you be able to help me with this?

Thank you,

Beatrice

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 17, 2023 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2024 9:37 PM

My instagram won’t let me login to any accounts at all, I’ve reset I’m phone, & deleted then downloaded instagram back & i don’t know if there’s a fix. Everytime I try to login it says “there was a problem with your request” but I can login to the same accounts on other devices

90 replies

Jan 12, 2024 10:22 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thank you for your reply.

Steps I performed in an attempt to fix the problem:

• logged of and logged back in
  • uninstalled by holding the app and deleting it and then reinstalled it (3 times already)
  • cleared cache ( from settings, general, storage, selected app and clicked on "offload app."
  • rebooted phone a few times
  • reset network settings
  • uninstalled Facebook and also unlinked it from Instagram
  • Went through settings and

Not sure if I forgot something LOL

Still not working.

Thanks,

Sandra

Nov 18, 2023 1:17 PM in response to Bea_trixmusic

Hey! I was having this exact same issue yesterday with my new iPhone. Tried every single troubleshooting option and finally got there by completely removing the FACEBOOK app from my phone, then re-opened instagram and it worked. Highly recommend you have your passwords for both noted down somewhere as I didn’t know mine and that caused a few issues trying to log back in. Once I was back on instagram I downloaded the Facebook app to my phone again and all works fine. Good luck.

Nov 17, 2023 8:54 AM in response to Bea_trixmusic

Hi,

Steps to try:

1. Make sure the devices you are experiencing this issue on are all updated to the latest software.
  2. Make sure the app itself is updated.
  3. Confirm if the issue occurs over multiple networks. For example, does the issue happen when you are connected to WiFi, cellular, and/or a personal hotspot?
  4. Delete the app and redownload it from the App Store.
  5. Make sure you have sufficient device storage available in Settings > General > iPhone/iPad Storage.
  6. Try contacting the app developer again for assistance with resolving functionality issues with their app.

Hope this helps.

Instagram app loading but not working on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.