Safari not logged in to Google when opening new tab

Hi all,

I updated my iPhone 13 Pro this morning to iOS 17.1.1.

I just now realized that every time I open a new tab in safari using the „+“ button I am logged out of Google. Google is my main search engine, so when I type in the search bar after opening a new tab, google opens automatically. It 1000% used to be logged in directly.

On top of that, when I log in to Google manually all my different Google accounts are listed, so it’s not an issue of missing credentials.

I am also sure that I do not use the private mode by accident - the new tab shows up in a normal tab group next to tabs that are already logged in to Google.

Thank you in advance,

J

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 17, 2023 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2023 1:21 PM

I was able to solve it: I don’t know why, but safari changed the default Google account connected to my device. The new (and falsely so) default account had auto login deactivated. I logged all accounts out as the first login will automatically be the new default account. So I switched to the correct default account and now it’s working as expected.

still weird but ok.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2023 1:21 PM in response to JayKaracho

I was able to solve it: I don’t know why, but safari changed the default Google account connected to my device. The new (and falsely so) default account had auto login deactivated. I logged all accounts out as the first login will automatically be the new default account. So I switched to the correct default account and now it’s working as expected.

still weird but ok.

Safari not logged in to Google when opening new tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.