Safari search bar missing after updating to iOS 17.4 on iPhone

Hello,

After I updated my phone to iOS 17.4 today the search bar went missing🙀

I can’t use Safari anymore, although I’ve been using it forever, and I’m so used it, and I even have like 60 tabs opened there, but can’t open a new one, or go to a new one in any of them, because the search bar went just missing after the new software update!!🙀🤯

And not just for me, my friend is facing the same issue after the update🙀🙀

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 8, 2024 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2024 12:24 AM

I had the same issue. Switching things in settings didn't fix it. What fixed the issue was force-closing the Safari browser and re-launching it.

You can do that when you cycle between apps and see them as cards. Just swipe the Safari "card" in the correct direction. For my SE2020 it was "up"

6 replies

Mar 9, 2024 3:26 AM in response to Christian Klein

No, I’ve tried to change everything on the settings already, and nothing fixes the issue!

I know already 5 persons with the same issue after running the latest iOS 17.4 update, so that’s a major issue that’s Apple facing right now!

I’m purely advising people not to update their phone right now, before Apple has addressed the issue, or before there has came out iOS 17.5!

Safari search bar missing after updating to iOS 17.4 on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.