Apple Motion: Audio Output will not turn on

Hi Everyone!

I am just completely stumped. I'm pretty sure I have clicked something inadvertently and that is why it I can't get the audio clip to play now (it did play originally). I'm pretty sure I'm going to feel pretty silly when you all tell me what I've done! Let me outline the steps I've taken below:

1. Imported the audio clip into the Media Tab. From here it plays just fine.
  2. I move the clip directly onto the canvas and as you can see from the screenshot it is there.
  3. The problem is the Output. It will not click on. I've tried clicking on the checkbox directly and I've tried Option Clicking it. Either way it will not turn on.
  4. At one point I had the Mute Audio button turned off - but as you can see I have it turned back on. I've tried playing the audio with it clicked on and clicked off-you know just in case.
  5. I closed Motion w/o saving the project...(I had just saved it prior thank goodness!) and upon reopening it nothing has changed.
  6. I tried completely restarting my computer...still nothing has changed. I cannot get the box to click on.

I have opened up a different Motion project, followed the same steps and it plays perfectly. The Output clicks on and off as it should. It seems that it is only this current project that I am having this problem with.

Any ideas? Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Nov 17, 2023 6:53 PM

Similar questions

11 replies

Nov 20, 2023 2:08 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hi -

Well, see that's the problem. In step #3 I'm trying to say that for some reason it won't "check" on for me! That's why I was thinking that maybe I inadvertently did something somewhere else that made this happen. Because originally it did play and it was checked. It's just the craziest thing.

I've started a new project and I am going to go through the tutorial again. I usually do this a few times so I can really learn. But, I was hoping to get this solved because what if I'm in the middle of a real project and this happens? I'd have to start all over again and that would be so sad not to mention irritating, frustrating and make me mad as ****! haha

Apple Motion: Audio Output will not turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.