Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to remove warning notifications for various fake problems on MacBook Pro?

I've got a pop up sliding up from the top right side of screen, displaying the system prefs icon, warning for various fake problems. Message in correct French, no typos. This happens every 5-10 mins or so. They slide off screen after a few seconds , just the time to make a screen shot. -- How do I eradicate this? -- (macOS Big Sur 11.7.10)

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Nov 19, 2023 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2023 9:20 PM

Hey there!

These are often website notifications that are attempting to trick a user to click them. To disable these, choose Safari > Preferences > Websites, then scroll down and choose Notifications. Remove all sites shown.

-Jack

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 19, 2023 9:35 PM in response to françois146

françois146 Said:

"Suspect a virus: I've got a pop up sliding up from the top right side of screen, displaying the system prefs icon, warning for various fake problems. Message in correct French, no typos. This happens every 5-10 mins or so. They slide off screen after a few seconds , just the time to make a screen shot. -- How do I eradicate this? -- (macOS Big Sur 11.7.10)"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting Account Info Message:

That is a scam. Apple wouldn't send you an a ransom-sounding eMail or SMS text message. So, what seems to have occurred here is a scam..

So, Report this Message and Secure your Info:

Being account accessibility is of big concern here, (I.)report this message, and (II.)secure your account.

I. Report this Message:

So, report phone call's and messages info to Apple and others (such as your government). Use my User: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

and...

II. Secure your Info:

A. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

B. Modify your Credentials:

Having received this, someone may have your credentials. So, by all means, consider modifying them...

How to remove warning notifications for various fake problems on MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.