How to downgrade from iOS 17.11 to 16?

Hi, how do I delete iOS 17.1.1 and revert back to ios16?

I updated not thinking and this update is absolute trash. Stuffed everything up and my phone is all janky now. I know I’m not the only one as I don’t think I’ve seen or heard of any good feedback in regards to this update. The update changed all the interfaces on calls and texting etc and is just overall the worst.

I want to revert just can’t figure out how to do it.

please help!!!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 23, 2023 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2023 11:42 PM

I totally dislike the 17.1.1 update!!! How can I revert to previous update

38 replies

Dec 1, 2023 8:07 AM in response to JenGigz

I absolutely agree with you this update is trash, I hate the way my Contacts looks now is horrible and regarding other people that had replied to this some are WRONG cause when you go and check what the update was about it only mentions certain security concerns about the Contacts app, but they never mentioned ANYTHING about changing they way that each contact sheet looks. What I decided to do is to schedule a call from an Apple customer service representative later today and will request to go back to my prior IOS version, so after that call happens, I will come back here and update this post to see if I can help someone with the same issue.

Jan 10, 2024 11:14 AM in response to Megpage

Megpage wrote:

This new update is telling me my camera is not an apple part, when I got it from Apple!!

That means that there is something wrong with the camera. You should contact Apple and have them run diagnostics.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Doesn’t Apple support see these complaints?

No, Apple does not read here for feedback or suggestions. You can, however, let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Jun 10, 2024 1:08 PM in response to JenGigz

No, it is not possible to downgrade the iOS version on an iPhone.

Once you update to a newer version of iOS, Apple stops signing the older versions, which means that it is no longer possible to install them on your device.

This is done for security reasons, as older versions of iOS may contain vulnerabilities that have been fixed in more recent versions.

It is generally recommended to stay up-to-date with the latest version of iOS, as it often includes important security updates and new features.

Nov 30, 2023 5:42 PM in response to JenGigz

I haven’t got a back up, it even overrides that and I don’t have another PC to try and change back, it cost me everything I had stored, there’s nothing in my iCloud and it’s not excepting any of my I’d passcodes or passwords? It keeps saying there failed? Mind you I have them written down in front of me, so I don’t forget! Can anyone please help me in a situation like this? I don’t like this 17 version at all

How to downgrade from iOS 17.11 to 16?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.