Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

After iOS 17.1.1 update my iPhone apps are not working correctly

Sooo many things not working! Volume is messed up, have to constantly readjust it, auto adding ALL phone calls to address book, messages are totally not working- can’t send a group message anymore, the message box is gone after adding more than 2 people, the auto correct is wayyyy out of control- have to backspace and it’s constantly adding 2 letters that have not been typed. Like what are you doing to us? Are you making us have to buy a new phone every year? Samsung looking mighty fine rn, and with all these glitches plus more, you’ll be losing many customers, esp those with older phones. I have iPhone 13 and this is awful! It’s not even paid off yet!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 23, 2023 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2023 2:41 AM

Has anyone figured out how to undo this update!??? it's terrible!

Similar questions

140 replies

Dec 5, 2023 7:46 PM in response to Jilesoph

I totally agree. I have been suffering through many of the same problems. This is beyond absurd. It smacks of Apple having a lack of effective quality control and a general disregard for its customers. Even in writing this up, I have had a nightmarish experience due to the auto correct feature regressing to something far worse than when it was first released years ago in the marketplace. Moreover, I find that I am unable to forward any photos I want to send to others via any available options such as text, email, etc.

To Apple: This update is a complete embarrassment and failure. You can and must do better. We were already on the precipice of transitioning to a competitor in the future. If this isn’t fixed very soon to our liking, we will definitely move on beyond Apple.

Nov 29, 2023 2:12 PM in response to Jilesoph

I put the 17.1.1 update off as long as possible because I knew it would be bad, but not this bad! Siri can’t seem to read any text messages all the way through, can’t call anyone, the phone won’t charge, and the volume is all over the place. Do I really have to take a day off and go to the dang Apple Store and stand in line at the Genius Bar?? Again?? Someone said it, Samsung is looking mighty good at this point. Grrrrr!

Nov 27, 2023 9:30 AM in response to Jilesoph

I have totally different issues with the latest IOS 17.1.1 downloaded on my iphone 12, everything is waaaay too big for the screen. Can't even find my 'speaker' button when I get a phone call. I checked and Zoom is turned off already. Don't want the text smaller or I won't be able to read it. I need to get this CR*P off my phone now. Don't want to wait for some upgrade, that could take weeks or months!! Some useless 'techy' must have been desperate for a job to come up with this junk!!!! Getting tired of this. You need to try it before you download it on all of our phones!!!! Is it possible to remove this latest IOS upgrade?

Dec 3, 2023 4:04 PM in response to chunka3

You can call Apple Care, but I just spent half my day off at my local Apple Store with several “geniuses” and, believe me, Apple Does Not Care! No one working there had heard anything about all the problems with the 17.1.1 update, they were shocked. And as I listed and showed them ALL the problems that had appeared on my iPhone 14 Plus the day after the update, not one of them had any idea how to fix any of them…Siri stops reading messages halfway through, autocorrect isn’t working, air pods flip off partway through a call, jumping curser while typing…“Sorry, those are software problem, we don’t handle software problems…” Bottom line, it’s time for this girl to get off this crazy train and switch to Samsung…

Dec 3, 2023 3:32 PM in response to Sheri136

It actually helped my iPhone 13 to do the 17.1.2 but it still sucks the battery power. I went through each app to make sure it wasn’t “running in the background” bc the update has them ALL running even when you’re not using. The battery went from 100% to 30% after a 10 minute FaceTime call. There are so many cool phones on the market now, so in order for Apple to keep their sales up, they are definitely forcing us to buy new. But they will not be happy when so many customers opt to go with an android. It’s never been this bad, ever!

After iOS 17.1.1 update my iPhone apps are not working correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.