Green Segment at the bottom of iPhone 15 Pro Video Recordings

Hi,

I received my iPhone 15 Pro on November 9. I restored it from my iPhone X backup, and after a few days of regular usage, I began recording videos. During playback, I noticed 2 videos had this odd, green segment appearing and disappearing from the bottom. They both used the .5 setting zoom setting and were the third and sixth videos I recorded on the new device. I've tried to record using different zoom settings, portrait, and landscape mode, but I cannot replicate the issue.

The edits I added were the black overlay and muting the audio for privacy reasons. It's barely visible on the second gif, but it's at the bottom-left.

Any ideas on what this might be?

Thanks.

[Edited by Moderator] 

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Nov 23, 2023 7:32 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 23, 2023 10:38 PM in response to james_321

james_321 wrote:

I cannot replicate the issue.

If you're unable to reproduce a specific event, it suggests the possibility that it might have been influenced or caused by a lighting effect captured in those videos precisely at that moment. The absence of replication implies that the occurrence could be linked to unique lighting conditions, which might have played a significant role in what was observed. In essence, the inability to recreate the event suggests a potential association with the lighting dynamics present in the recorded videos at that specific point in time.

Lighting plays a crucial role when capturing indoor photos or videos as it greatly impacts the overall quality and aesthetics of the final result. Here are some reasons why lighting is essential in indoor photography and videography:

1. Adequate lighting ensures that your subject is properly exposed, meaning it is neither too bright nor too dark. Sufficient light helps to maintain clarity, detail, and sharpness in your images or footage, allowing viewers to see the subject clearly.
  2. Appropriate lighting conditions help to reproduce accurate colors in your indoor photos and videos. Different light sources can have varying color temperatures, such as warm (yellowish) or cool (bluish) tones. Understanding and controlling the lighting in your environment enables you to achieve the desired color accuracy and white balance.
  3. Properly balanced lighting helps to minimize harsh shadows or blown-out highlights, creating a more balanced and visually pleasing composition. By strategically positioning light sources or using reflectors, you can control the shadows and highlights to enhance the overall depth and dimension of your indoor shots.
  4. Lighting has the power to set the mood and create a specific atmosphere in your indoor visuals. For example, soft and diffused lighting can generate a calm and intimate ambiance, while dramatic or directional lighting can evoke a sense of mystery or tension. Understanding how different lighting techniques influence the mood allows you to craft the desired emotional impact in your photos or videos.
  5. Being able to control the lighting in indoor settings provides you with greater creative freedom. You can experiment with various lighting setups, such as using natural light, artificial lighting, or a combination of both. Additionally, manipulating the direction, intensity, and color of light allows you to create unique and captivating visual effects, enhancing the storytelling aspect of your indoor photography or videography.

Considering these factors, investing time and effort into understanding and utilizing proper lighting techniques will significantly enhance the quality, impact, and overall aesthetic appeal of your indoor photos and videos.

Nov 23, 2023 11:47 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you, but I don't think it's a lighting issue as the artifact looks like something that was added in a video editor. An interesting thing is one part took a segment from a different frame. I wonder if there was a bug that included the wrong camera. Similar to a "texture atlas" in computer graphics where all the cameras are actually on, but only your 0.5x, 1x, 2x, or 3x selection is in frame.

I was wondering if it was the webcam IR at the left, but it is supposed to be off at that time. I recorded again using the same orientation from that spot and room lighting anyways, but could not reproduce it. I also used a different, older version of the webcam and shined the IR towards the phone, but still couldn't reproduce it.

I originally made the post with MP4 discord links but the moderator removed it, so I converted it into GIFs. Here are some stills straight from the MOV video.

The colors from the TV for context:

Green Segment at the bottom of iPhone 15 Pro Video Recordings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.