Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Ghost (unconnected) Hotspot connections on Sonoma 14.

Hello everyone,

While I understand the title might resemble others posted, I'm encountering a unique issue. I'm currently using an M2 MacBook running Sonoma 14.0. Since I rely heavily on public transport, I frequently encounter random hotspots. Typically, they haven't posed a problem as they disappear from the WiFi menu once out of range. However, this morning, they unexpectedly persisted in the WiFi menu

I conducted some online research, and the suggested methods involved forgetting the network, but unfortunately, these networks don't appear in my settings menu [Below]. After a restart, they vanish, but new ones discovered tend to linger. Any assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Nov 24, 2023 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2023 2:37 PM

This is a bit weird, you should not be able to see hotspots that are not belonging to you.

Please update your Mac to the latest software (14.1.1) to see if the issue persists.

If it persists, I would report the issue to apple if I where you. This is an apple users forum and apple is not actively participating here. Please share your feedback via this form: Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2023 2:37 PM in response to _Kronos

This is a bit weird, you should not be able to see hotspots that are not belonging to you.

Please update your Mac to the latest software (14.1.1) to see if the issue persists.

If it persists, I would report the issue to apple if I where you. This is an apple users forum and apple is not actively participating here. Please share your feedback via this form: Product Feedback - Apple

Ghost (unconnected) Hotspot connections on Sonoma 14.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.