Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Entering page number on pages documents

Where can I enter a page number to jump directly to that page instead of scrolling endlessly on a really long document, I've tried customising my toolbar but I didn't see that feature in the toolbar customise settings.

MacBook Pro (M2, 2022)

Posted on Nov 25, 2023 6:33 PM

6 replies

Nov 26, 2023 7:42 AM in response to newtonfav

You can enter a page number anywhere in your body text with the Insert menu : Page Number. You then need to familiarize yourself with Pages Bookmarks that allow you to jump from that page number to the first page in the document with a single click. It may require more finesse than that depending on what you want that bookmark linked too.

Add bookmarks and link to them in Pages on Mac - Apple Support

May 13, 2024 9:00 PM in response to newtonfav

I couldn't find a place to change the size of the insertion point, but I finally learn how to change its color. That helps me a lot.

In System Settings, get to Appearance. Next, change "Accent color" to any color you like except the "multicolor" button. When it's set to the multicolor button, the color is overriden by the Pages app, and I couldn't find a way to set it from within the Pages app.

Logically, I tried to change "Highlight color" first, but - and this is screwy - "Highlight color" defaults to whatever "Accent color" is set to and cannot be set independently, even though there's a pop-up menu for doing so.

Sounds like a small bug that escaped the boot heel of Apple.

My System: MacBook Pro, Apple M3, Sonoma 14.4.1

Entering page number on pages documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.