Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Changes on timer after latest iOS update, can I revert them?

timer feature used to tell you at what time it would go off. Now it just tells you how long you set it for. Is there a way to fix this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 27, 2023 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2023 8:36 AM

New timer is terrible! Countdown image is smaller. The larger one was way better. I don't need a panel that shows "Label - Timer. I know I am using the timer. I don't need to know my sound when the timer ends, nor do I need the screen mucked up with a bunch of "recents". Please give us the old timer!

25 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2023 8:36 AM in response to BarbieCru

New timer is terrible! Countdown image is smaller. The larger one was way better. I don't need a panel that shows "Label - Timer. I know I am using the timer. I don't need to know my sound when the timer ends, nor do I need the screen mucked up with a bunch of "recents". Please give us the old timer!

Jan 8, 2024 2:58 AM in response to BarbieCru

Two camps here. Those that have been using Timer for the last ten years. And those that haven’t.

Why we used Timer.

1. time a task’s time. As a carpenter I set a 20-45 ( this 20-45 is important later) min timer around the end of my day. Hit repeat after it goes off. The Information that the timer would end after the set time AND the Day TIme was very important. Needing to touch three more buttons( one more to see what Time of day and then back up and then change it if the Day Time is not going to work is silly and unhelpful. I thought this was going to be obvious to Apple quickly. Here we are eight months later. Please put that feature back.
  2. I set my timer for waking up. This again makes it important to see what DayTime it’s going stop and make noise. I’m assuming that Apple people have a set “day in day out” routine? I do not know? I need to change my alarm time every night. This Again, because of the reason stated above, is just an unnecessary button pushing Event. Please put it back to old style or add information to first screen.
  3. Why would anyone want a list of timers that they used to do One time? This just makes a long list( blink blink? ) ? Because I don’t know what time I am going to start timing myself I set different times at the end of the day and for sleeping => so this app is making a list of useless times. I’m not going to scroll through and search for the timer that I think is best. I’m just going to chose it by selecting it from the start. Please make an option to Not have a captured list. 3.a if you must keep this? Please make a Delete All button. Having to go though each one ? And use a ->full swipe<~ to remove it is unnecessary. No one cares about the timer they set that much. Just a delete button if you must.

in conclusion. I have ten additional apps on my phone. That’s It. Apple has built robust apps that work very well. I’m looking at you Notes!!

Apple please fix this. I truly don’t want to get a timer App. This is a boiler plate tasks that a computer can do well. Its sort of embarrassing for Apple.

this critique is has no negative reflection on the people that designed this iteration of Timer. I need to believe this has something to do a with Apple Watch? Integration?

all the best !

Changes on timer after latest iOS update, can I revert them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.