Apple payment declined but still charged from debit card.

I was trying to buy an In-App Purchase from a game (I've done it before and transaction was successful) but this time it says "payment declined" and I didn't get the IAP. However I was still charged on my debit card.

($9.98 gone)

I tried once more buy changing my payment according to this article If a payment card that you use with Apple Pay is declined - Apple Support, but it charged my card a second time.

(Now another $9.98 gone)

I looked at my Apple Pay wallet and it logged the recent transactions. However if I go to "reportaproblem.apple.com" from this article, If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support, I cannot find the transaction, so I cannot even request a refund.

How do I get my money back?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 27, 2023 10:45 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 14, 2024 8:34 AM in response to kriiler

This has happened to me several times for amounts up to 45 and 50 dollar transactions. This legitimately just happened at 11:29 this morning, 5 minutes ago. It declined my payment and still charged me so I never even got what I paid for. This is ridiculous that this has happened to other people and still isn’t even a place to go to report and refund.

Jun 27, 2024 9:03 PM in response to kriiler

If you are having trouble disputing your transaction issue, follow these helpful steps:

• On your device, open the Wallet app.
  • Under Latest Card Transactions, tap the transaction that you want to report.
  • Tap it again, then tap "Report an Issue."

For more information: How to report a transaction issue or dispute a charge to your Apple Card - Apple Support

Apple payment declined but still charged from debit card.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.