Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

What Should I do If iPhone wont Turn on Stuck on Apple Logo?

I'm in desperate need of assistance, the problem is that my iPhone won't turn on and seems to be perpetually stuck on the Apple logo screen. It's been like this for a while now,

I've already attempted force restarting the iPhone, connecting it to a power source, and even connecting it to my computer, but nothing seems to work.

I am truly at a loss as to what should be my next course of action, I need your any advice or suggestions, thanks.

iPhone 15

Posted on Nov 28, 2023 1:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2024 7:07 PM

I've faced a similar situation in the past. After researching extensively online, here are two methods I tried.

U can try the methods below to see if they help!

1: Force Restart  iPhone:  - (For iPhone X and later ):

- Quickly press and release volume up, then volume down.

- Hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.

- Release and wait for the restart to complete.

- Check if the screen responds.

2: Updated with iTunes

- Connect iPhone to a PC or Mac.

- Press volume up, then volume down, and hold the side button longer.

- Release buttons when the support interface displays.

- Choose "Update" in iTunes to preserve data.

- Wait for the process to finish.

if either of these methods can't help, check out this article, they have additional methods and a full guide tutorial: Fix iPhone Stuck On Apple Logo iPhone 15 Setup [5 Practical Methods]

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2024 7:07 PM in response to Jasonmen

I've faced a similar situation in the past. After researching extensively online, here are two methods I tried.

U can try the methods below to see if they help!

1: Force Restart  iPhone:  - (For iPhone X and later ):

- Quickly press and release volume up, then volume down.

- Hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.

- Release and wait for the restart to complete.

- Check if the screen responds.

2: Updated with iTunes

- Connect iPhone to a PC or Mac.

- Press volume up, then volume down, and hold the side button longer.

- Release buttons when the support interface displays.

- Choose "Update" in iTunes to preserve data.

- Wait for the process to finish.

if either of these methods can't help, check out this article, they have additional methods and a full guide tutorial: Fix iPhone Stuck On Apple Logo iPhone 15 Setup [5 Practical Methods]

Nov 28, 2023 1:22 AM in response to Jasonmen

Here are some common solutions you can attempt:

1. Follow the Apple article to resolve the issue --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen ...
  2. If not resolved; please follow the steps in the following link for support with this issue: If your iOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly
  3. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary software glitches. Turn off your iPhone, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
    1. Restart the device. That's it.
    2. Still not solved --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  4. Make sure you have the latest updates installed. Update using iTunes/Finder —> Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (IN)
  5. You still see a black screen after charging, force restarting, following the steps in this article.
    1. You see a black screen, but you can hear alerts, sounds, and vibrations.
    2. The screen remains black, but the device chirps when you unmute it and connect it to power.
    3. Your screen is on, but it doesn't respond when you tap, slide, or try other gestures. 
    4. You can't force your device to restart because a button is broken or stuck.
    5. Your device is stuck on the Apple logo, displays a solid color, or isn't recognized in iTunes.
    6. Contact Apple Support to set up service if you have any of the above issues:
  6. Please follow the steps in the following Apple Video for support with this issue:

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it is recommended to reach out to Apple Support or visit an authorized service center for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your device model and iOS version.

Dec 26, 2023 9:06 PM in response to Jasonmen

If the above still doesn't work. One option is iOS System Recovery. Here are the steps to use this software to fix iPhone stuck on Apple logo:

Download and install iOS System Recovery on your Mac.

Connect your iPhone to the Mac using a USB cable. and then you need to click More Tools - iOS System Recovery if you want to fix iPhone stuck on Apple logo.

Launch iOS System Recovery and ensure that your iPhone is recognized by the software, On the main interface of it, you need to click the iOS System Recovery function. Next, choose the "Download" tab and download the compatible firmware to repair your iPhone.

Next, you'll need a few minutes to install the iOS firmware to fix the Apple Logo screen on your iPhone issue.

This method is most effective for users who don't have any backup of their iPhone. As It has no potential risk of data loss.

Or learn more detailed steps here:

[Edited by Moderator]

Dec 19, 2023 2:22 AM in response to Jasonmen

You can put the iPhone in recovery mode.Connect the iPhone to a computer that has the latest version of iTunes. While the phone is connected to the computer, force restart it by holding down the "Power" button and "Home" button together for about 10-15 seconds. Keep holding both buttons until the recovery mode screen comes up on the iPhone. Follow the instructions provided by iTunes on your computer to restore the device.

What Should I do If iPhone wont Turn on Stuck on Apple Logo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.