Can't set same day alarm on iPhone after recent update

I wanted to set an alarm for later the same day and my only option is that time- tomorrow. I've tried everything and it seems you can no longer set the alarm for same day. Why do this? It serves no practical purpose from what I can see. Is there a fix? If not, iPhone needs to change this back.

Posted on Nov 28, 2023 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2023 7:57 AM

originale wrote:

This is a change since the IOS update I did last week. I've been using the clock for years. If I look at it right now, the default is tomorrow. So if I want to set the alarm for later today, it's impossible. If I ask to change it, it takes me to a clock with bedtime and wake up aligned with my sleep schedule which I had played with on my health app. It is totally bizarre....

Okay, you're not using the Clock alarm, you're using Sleep to set the alarm.

Do NOT tap the "Change" button. That is how you change your sleep schedule. Tap the "+" in the upper right corner.

How to set and change alarms on your iPhone - Apple Support

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2023 7:57 AM in response to originale

originale wrote:

This is a change since the IOS update I did last week. I've been using the clock for years. If I look at it right now, the default is tomorrow. So if I want to set the alarm for later today, it's impossible. If I ask to change it, it takes me to a clock with bedtime and wake up aligned with my sleep schedule which I had played with on my health app. It is totally bizarre....

Okay, you're not using the Clock alarm, you're using Sleep to set the alarm.

Do NOT tap the "Change" button. That is how you change your sleep schedule. Tap the "+" in the upper right corner.

How to set and change alarms on your iPhone - Apple Support

Nov 29, 2023 7:44 AM in response to originale

I have no problem setting an alarm for the same day. The easiest way is to use Siri. But, if you'd rather not, it will still work through the Clock app. In fact, there's no way in the alarm app to specify a date. If the time has not yet occurred today, when you set the alarm, it will go off today. So, if I set an alarm for 12:00pm, it will go off today. If, however, I set it for 9:30am (a time already past today), it will go off tomorrow.

Can you describe the steps you're taking to set the alarm?

Nov 29, 2023 7:50 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Can't set same day alarm on iPhone after recent update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.