ios 17.1.1 not working with RCA Security

RCA Security App terminates immediately after connecting for a camera view. RCA is no longer supported, but it works fine with iOS prior to 17. I am using a spare 5S phone to view my 5 doorbell cameras now. Hope it gets resolved.

iPhone XR, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 29, 2023 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2024 2:35 PM

I have the solution. Follow the steps below:

1. Go to your App Store and download the "Guarding Vision" App
  2. Log in to the app using your username and password last used on RCA Security
  3. You will be logged in with your camera(s) in place but no access
  4. Select the Camera and input the Verification Code ( Note: Verification code is on the Camera around the QR code)

It's a relief at last.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2024 2:35 PM in response to IBFishin

I have the solution. Follow the steps below:

1. Go to your App Store and download the "Guarding Vision" App
  2. Log in to the app using your username and password last used on RCA Security
  3. You will be logged in with your camera(s) in place but no access
  4. Select the Camera and input the Verification Code ( Note: Verification code is on the Camera around the QR code)

It's a relief at last.

Dec 26, 2023 5:03 AM in response to Tangopapacharlie

This is yet another use case for having rollback capabilities for the iPhone. After an iPhone update you are forced to live with the negative impacts you experience. If a rollback capability were available for the iphone i could simply return to the version that works with the RCA doorbell app.

otherwise you ate forced into purchasing a new video doorbell product.

ios 17.1.1 not working with RCA Security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.