Cannot add child member to Family

We have recently bought an Ipad 10th gen 10.9 for my 12 year old

I am attempting to add my child to my Family,

I am selecting Add Member, then entering their details. I am then prompted to add card details for verification purposes.

Once I add them, and select 'Done' it just says "There was a problem, please try again later."

The OS is updated to 17.1.2, and i've tried multiple card types.

I am able to add a card to my applePay account, without problem. It's just this verification step.

Does anyone know how I can get around this?

thank you

Andrew.

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Nov 30, 2023 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 2:50 AM

Thanks Limnos, I actually managed to contact Support via chat who were very helpful.

The resolution:

There appears to a bug with adding card details at this stage - to verify your age. It simply does not work.

It was only asking me to do this at this stage because I had not yet set up a payment method for the Apple Store. (NOT the wallet)

Once a payment card was added to my Apple Store account, the Verification step only asked me for my Cvv value, and it worked OK, and I was able to add the child.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2023 2:50 AM in response to Limnos

Thanks Limnos, I actually managed to contact Support via chat who were very helpful.

The resolution:

There appears to a bug with adding card details at this stage - to verify your age. It simply does not work.

It was only asking me to do this at this stage because I had not yet set up a payment method for the Apple Store. (NOT the wallet)

Once a payment card was added to my Apple Store account, the Verification step only asked me for my Cvv value, and it worked OK, and I was able to add the child.

Nov 30, 2023 9:03 PM in response to Humper76

Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple ➞ Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone ➞ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Cannot add child member to Family

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.