Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to create Apple ID

I brought an iPad 9th Generation for my daughter for her 5th birthday, I used my own Apple ID to sign into the device as I wasn't aware of "family sharing" beforehand.

when I try make her own Apple ID from the family sharing from the device settings I cannot seem to get past "verify you are an adult" when I enter my card details I am greeted with the following message.

I have tried to do this on my multiple apple device's and I always get the same outcome, I have even tried different cards.

Does anyone have a solution to my problem?

thank you

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 4:22 PM

Hi Lewis_1997,

It sounds like you're on the right track having attempted this process from different devices and using different cards. One element you didn't mention was trying on different data connections. If all of these devices use a common connection and there is a firewall or other security measures in place which could affect traffic to the servers for processing, that may explain why it continues to fail.

If you've tried on different Wi-Fi and/or cellular networks and still cannot complete the account creation, contact Apple Support directly to investigate further.

Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2023 4:22 PM in response to Lewis_1997

Hi Lewis_1997,

It sounds like you're on the right track having attempted this process from different devices and using different cards. One element you didn't mention was trying on different data connections. If all of these devices use a common connection and there is a firewall or other security measures in place which could affect traffic to the servers for processing, that may explain why it continues to fail.

If you've tried on different Wi-Fi and/or cellular networks and still cannot complete the account creation, contact Apple Support directly to investigate further.

Regards.

Unable to create Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.