Can you get viruses from scanning a QR code that redirects you to a website that makes you open the AppStore?

Hello, i have some paranoia issues and a day ago i was at a store when i was asked to scan a QR code so that i could download an app, the app was made to give you stamps when you purchased things so you’d get a freebie when you’ve collected enough, at the time I didn’t think much of it but my paranoia is eating me alive as of right now. I have changed all my passwords and was close to doing a factory reset of the phone but I haven’t yet. So my question is, could I have received a virus from the website that redirected me to the AppStore? I do trust the store but I can’t go but worry. (The app was called “My stamp”)My phone is also not jailbroken or bought from unofficial place. I know this probably sounds really silly but I apprised any awnsers!

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 6:56 AM

No.

(247846)

Similar questions

2 replies

Can you get viruses from scanning a QR code that redirects you to a website that makes you open the AppStore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.