is BuhoCleaner a safe app to use

I would like to completely remove some apps from my MacBook Pro but am leary of downloading an unsafe app. Is there a source list somewhere of safe apps for MAC's?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 10:29 AM

Apps installed by drag-and drop to the /Applications folder can be removed the same way. In rare cases, you may need a Rrestart to disengage them for the running MacOS before you can empty the trash.

Apps that used a complex installer should be un-installed ONLY with the software-makers Un-installer, provided by the same site as the installer, not from any third party.

Third-party Cleaners and app removers are NOT reliable, and have been known to damage your Mac so badly as it requires a MacOS re-install to fix the damage.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2023 10:29 AM in response to deltadawn1528

Apps installed by drag-and drop to the /Applications folder can be removed the same way. In rare cases, you may need a Rrestart to disengage them for the running MacOS before you can empty the trash.

Apps that used a complex installer should be un-installed ONLY with the software-makers Un-installer, provided by the same site as the installer, not from any third party.

Third-party Cleaners and app removers are NOT reliable, and have been known to damage your Mac so badly as it requires a MacOS re-install to fix the damage.

Dec 1, 2023 1:28 PM in response to deltadawn1528

To add to @Grant's excellent response....

Sometimes the app may have a menu option within the app for uninstalling the app.

Other times, the uninstaller app may already be within the Application folder....if the app has a folder, then the uninstaller may be located within that folder. I don't think developers are placing their apps into a separate folder to contain multiple apps (MS Office, Adobe, etc.) so this may be less likely today.

Sometimes running the original installer a second time will have an option to uninstall the app.

is BuhoCleaner a safe app to use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.